DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello,

We brought our precious 8 week goldendoodle home last night! She did fabulous through the night! I was pleasantly surprised, and no accidents!!   She's also done fabulously on pottytraining!!  I know this is "technically" a puppy issue - but I know the adult doodle parents would probably have great advice as well.

I would love some honest opinions about where your doodle sleeps.  We set up her crate last night, and since she's going to get quite big, I got the lifestages w/ divider.  Here's my predicament....  our bedroom is TINY. After setting up the crate we realized the one walking path to the bathroom isn't quite so clear.  I know from what i've read these are really social animals, and I'm not looking to scar her in ANY way!  But....  I'd love to hear other's expereinces if you crate you doodle in another room? I was wondering if setting her up her own room , in my sewing room would be good?  its right in the hub of our house, and in fact, if  she was sleeping there during the day, she'd be with us more than if the crate was in the bedroom... plus on occasion when I do have help cleaning the house, she'd be undisturbed.  Feeling a little guilty,,, but I am thinking that making this adjustemnt NOW,  would be better than later??  Or would giving her a week or too after she's adjsted  , then move her?   I guess s smaller crate would work now, but that's only a temporary solution that won't fit as she grows...  ideas please!

Views: 406

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had two crates for my dogs. I kept one right next to my side of the bed and the other in the living room. Now, I have the crate in the foyer and our dogs are no longer crated at night or when we leave, but every now and then one of them falls asleep in the crate.

Snickers sleeps in his crate in the lower level family room. When he was a puppy we set up a baby monitor so we could hear him when he needed to go out. Now he is loud enough that he just barks. He started sleeping through the night about 3 Wks after bringing him home. Funny story about the baby monitor we could hear every dream whimper, sigh and rearranging of sleeping situation. He slept really well but we listened almost all the time!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service