DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

First off I want to start off by saying that I have been a member of DoodleKisses for less than a week and I love it! I have found my heart dog in Griffin and it's nice to come to a site to share stories and pictures with other doodle lovers. I wanted to post this, not to be a negative nancy but to see if any other doodle lovers have run into the problem that I have. About 3 months ago I was looking up dog decorations online to put in the apartment. You know like "A house is not a home without dog" stuff like that. Anyways, I wanted to get a few goldendoodle type decor when I came across a hate filled forum with the meanest things posted about Goldendoodles. People saying things like if you own a goldendoodle you are stupid and cruel to own such a "mutt". That to be careful of Goldendoodles or any other new crossbreeds of dogs because you don't know when they will attack. I mean it just went on and on. I couldn't get over how mean everyone was. I was so angry to think anyone could call themselves a dog lover and speak of any dog in such a way. These people were mainly Golden Retriever owners. I've grew up around all sorts of dogs, including pure goldens along with mixed breeds. Never could I ever post something so mean about a certain type of dog. The post that these people were writing were discourgeing people from adoting a doodle of any type. So sad. My main questions is that I can understand why people would post something like this. Also, if anyone has run into someone with such hate about doodles, because I feel like if I ran into run of those writers in the street they would act the same way as they did on the forum. At least I found doodlekisses, I can tell already that everyone is so kind :)

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My best advice if you run into one in public, and you probably will at some point, is to just not engage in their conversation.  Just a polite "you are entitled to your opinion" or whatever and walk off.  It will do you no good to try and talk with them because their minds are made up. 

Very true Sheri!

It is like dog bullying! great analogy Kris!

Just like the class bully in grammar school- ignore it and heed Sheila's words of wisdom: Ya can't fix stupid

I wonder if this reaction is more prevalent in some areas of the country.  We live near Sacramento and I have never heard anyone talk about goldendoodles or other breeds in a demeaning way.  In fact, most people are curious and ask what type of dog we have, where we got her, does she shed, what is her temperament...  Sorry to hear that you are running into people who are so opinionated.

Funny- I live in LA and everyone seems to love doodles here too. Maybe because in California we like everything "new" and "different".

That is kind of funny. I live in Northern California (a little more rural of a town) but I am from Sacramento. I have heard negative comments in my small town than in Sacramento. 

I have yet to meet one of these negative people, but figure at some point I will.
I hope to just consider the source and move on. There are mean spirited people in this world
that have problems with lots of subjects, it's like they thrive on turmoil.

Personally I adore my puppy and I am so thankful I found a dog that my allergies will allow me to
welcome into our home.

Ignore, ignore and ignore some more.  And welcome to a group who will love you and your dog!

Thank you all so much for the advice !

I've got to add, I too , have never met up with a "Doodle hater" in person.   Although a friend of mine who has a GD, was approached by a Poodle owner who read her the riot act about "ruining" the Poodle breed.  ( Insert rolling eyes here!)

We spent the day at a harbor, where we love to walk in Dana Point, Ca. today.  I can not tell you the amount of people who approached us about Enzo....oohhing and ahhhing over her.   DH says I need to make a recording of what kind, how old, and "no" she doesn't shed, etc.   One woman passed us, came running back and said she had seen us eating lunch and wanted to comment on what a well behaved dog ( she didn't believe me she was just 5 months) we had and anyone taking one look at her, forces a smile on their face.  :)   I was beaming after that one!

I'm a "Doodle" owner and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :p

How did we get different breeds of dogs?  By selective crossbreeding!

Crossbreeding Poodles and Retrievers creates a loveable, snugable, beautiful, intelligent companion!

Bingo! Every AKC dog was a crossbreed at some point.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service