DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Since I have been a member on DK, I have learned so much useful information and a lot about members’ dogs.  I know about the illnesses that afflict some DK doodles.  I know which dogs are picky eaters and which ones have poop issues or behavior problems.  But it dawned on me, that with a few exceptions, I don’t really know much about the humans of DK.    Many of us recently stepped out of our comfort zones to post pictures of ourselves on our profiles, but there is no lasting record of that.  I know that DK members are compassionate people that are truly invested in the lives of their doodles, but what makes you tic?  Who are you when you have to step away from DK and enter the real world (the horror!!)?  So I challenge you to give us a little info about the person behind the dog. 

I’ll go first.

Name: Amy

Generation: Millennial   (http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/05/living/infographic.boomer/in...)

Birth Order: Oldest of 3 kids – the only girl

Family: Husband, no kids

Education: Purdue and DePaul

Occupation: CPA – I work as a tax analyst for a Steel Mill.  I hope to work as a Business Officer for a Public School in the near future; I want to feel like my job actually matters.

Biggest Fear:  I have a phobia of grasshoppers.  Yes, I know they don’t bite or anything but they just really freak me out.  They blend into their surroundings and when you least expect it they jump/fly around…yuck

General: super organized, sometimes impatient, a planner – not a spur of the moment type of person, shy – I much prefer to sit back and take it all in rather than be the center of attention, obsessed with details, cautious (I was going to list the craziest thing I had ever done, but then I couldn’t come up with anything so I had to leave it out!), and incredibly sarcastic – but I swear, I am NOT as boring as I sound!!

If I could have any pet (that isn’t a doodle), I would love to have:  A big fat penguin – one of those cute cartoony looking ones. 

Addiction: A new yogurt place recently opened here (called Red Mango).  You go in and fill up a cup with as much or as little yogurt/soft serve ice cream as you want and then you can top it with all kinds of great toppings (candy, cookies, fruit, choc syrup, etc).  I have become an addict, especially now that it has gotten warm outside.  I go there at least once a week, and I’m sure it will get worse before it gets better. 

Random Useless Fact About Me: I have eaten oatmeal almost every weekday morning since October 2009

Guilty Pleasure TV Show: Sister Wives -- I have no idea how I got started watching it, but now I am hooked.

Views: 3324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you mean about packing and procrastinating. I have been doing both and need to get going if I'm going to move next month. I wish there was a fairy godmother for this sort of thing...

Isn't it the worst?  I would love a packing fairy godmother.

Name: Shelley

Location: Las Vegas, but grew up in UT. Have lived in UT, CA, AZ & NV.

Generation: Early X, 1964.. a "wanna be" hippie"!

Birth order: Middle, 3rd of 4. Only natural born child to my parents. Other siblings were adopted when they were told they wouldnt be able to conceive, then surprise..ME!

Family: Married 22 years to my soul-mate, my 2nd marriage. 2 sons from 1st marriage, 29 & 27. My DIL is a Britney Spears Impersonator with Legends in Concert and performs all over the country, my oldest son works here on the strip in Vegas, and my younger son writes for Androidcommunity.com as contributing editor. Since my DH and I couldnt have any kids together, we got Dogs instead, and they are the true love of our lives, and what bring joy & happiness to our home as we are now empty nesters

We currently have 1 Doodle ( 10 months), 1 Golden (2 1/2 ), & a 13 yr old Black Lab.

Occupation: Thanks to my husbands stable job as a Funeral Director/Mortician, I just pick up work where ever I can and have done a little of everything, from FedEx courier, to meat department, to waitress, and currently Front Desk associate for a Marriott hotel here in town.

Biggest fear: I have a phobia of Moths..yes, Moths. Dont know how it started, I have just been afraid of them for as long as I can remember! Other than that, not much else bothers me.

General: I am a tomboy, love the outdoors. Have loved animals all my life. I am happy, carefree, easy going, love people, Harleys, camping, boating, playing pool, Dog Parks, love to cook, and am good at it! I hope to be a grandmother someday soon, but for now I just spoil my furrkids and 2 grand doggies! = )

If I could have another pet besides a Doodle: More big dogs..and growing up I always dreamed of having a Horses..maybe someday.

I recently got my 2nd Tattoo at age 48, of a Paw Print and it says "Peace Love & Dogs" around it! Love my Dogs!

Addiction: Facebook & DK = ), I love coffee, & am addicted to all Bread, and potatoes.., which having been thin all my life without trying until I turned 40, has now become a problem that I have to watch out for, lol.

Random useless fact: I once tried to "nurse" from our family dog at the time when she had a litter of pups when my older brother dared me to try it! It doesnt taste pleasant!

Guilty Pleasure TV show: True Blood, Dexter, Six Feet Under, Weeds, Big C, Californication..to name a few. Not too interested in main prime time TV..Also love the Food Network, and nature channels.

so I read this as I was eating dinner and about choked on my ice tea when I read the part about trying to nurse from your dog when you were a kid.  Too funny!

I haven't written my bio yet, but I am also the only natural born child of my parents.  They adopted 3 from Germany before they had me! 

Older sibs are such evil doers!  My older sister dared me to eat dirt and even provided a 'special' cup.  Dirt doesn't taste good either!  My husband fed his younger sister perfume.

What an awesome athlete you sound like.  Your students must be in awe of you.

A fear of mascots...does that include the characters that walk around Disney in costume? 

I am the same way!  Disney is terrifying, and the santas and easter bunnies that run around the malls freak me out too.  clowns too.

All mascots, or just the ones that try to interact with you at football games?

I am almost like that with clowns.  I am fine if they are across the room and I don't have to look at them, but I don't want to have to stand next to one.

Don't ever rent the movie It....you will be scared out of your wits :) See how I made a rhyme....LOL!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service