DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

As all of you know California is having a drought and we need rain badly. Today in the Central Valley we finally got much needed rain and it did not stop all morning!  In fact, it poured for eight hours without stopping.  I found out one thing, I have a sissy on my hands and her name is Libby. I guess she does not remember what rain is since it has been so long.  She absolutely would not go out to do either of her jobs!  At first when we got up at 6:00 am we thought she will get over this and the next time she just looked at us like "why are you out here" and refused to go.  As the day goes on I even stood out in the middle of our yard (getting soaked) thinking she would go out if I did. She all the while is sitting under the patio watching me with a “head tilt”. Probably thinking, my mommy is crazy.  So now I am getting worried because she has not done anything since 10:00 pm last night.  Wow, I have a little princess on my hands.  The look on her face was "no way, no how"!  So once again we came in and she bounces in like she has done something so perfect and wanted a treat!  NOT  Finally at 2:00pm it stopped raining and we took her out and she did both and came in so proud!  She hates rain and will NOT go out in it! What would I do in the snow???  I see all of your Doodles back East having a wonderful time and our little girl is afraid to even get wet!  Do any of your Doodles refuse to go out in the rain?

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dogs love the rain and have no problem going out in it.  I have to keep a towel by the back door to wipe them (and their feet) down when they come into the house.  Harpo loves rolling in wet sand and he also loves swimming in pools (or the beach).

Lynda, it really surprised us yesterday and frightened her!  Nothing we did would get her to go out until the rain stopped.    Today all she wants to do is go along the flower beds, she does not want to step onto the grass.  Bonnie has the best description of Libby, Miss Prissy Paws!   LOL  She is right:)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service