DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Rocco is a F1B goldendoodle, he is 12 weeks now, we got him when he was 8 weeks. his hair is getting shorter and straighter. he has no furnishing at all. will he look like a doodle?

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A photo would help. :) 

Kind of hard to tell at that age, and from this angle. Do you have a more recent photo of his face, straight on? 

I just took a picture of him

He is very cute, but I don't think he is going to "doodle out."  has what is called "an open face", meaning he does not have furnishings. It's doubtful that will change. He also has the high set, wavy, almost crimped-looking ears that often go along with an open face. 
This is Luna, who sadly passed away recently. Her puppy photo at 15 weeks looks a lot like your dog. 
https://doodlekisses.com/photo/15-weeks-4?context=user
If you look through her subsequent photos, you may get a good idea of what your pup will look like as an adult. 

Oh I am so sorry about Luna, She was adorable. Thanks for your reply. It really helps!

He does look a lot like Luna did at that age :)

The good news is that Luna was very easy to groom.  I used a shedding rake (furminator) to rake out her undercoat in Spring/Fall during seasonal coat changes and trimmed her sanitary areas, tail and bum... but that's about it!  She didn't need brushing, basically never matted, ears never needed cleaning.. 

We were disappointed at first that she didn't doodle out but we could always see her beautiful eyes and we wouldn't have had her any other way :)

Oh thanks for the good news :) When I just got Rocco, I thought the appearance was very important, but now I think the personality is most important. I am so lucky that Rocco is a sweet boy. I just need to buy the shedding rack tomorrow :)

Personality IS most important but it’s only natural to be drawn to appearance first. 

Yeah I think when we chose Luna we had no idea that a flat-coated doodle was even a thing.  We were confused and disappointed at first but it ended up being great. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service