DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I’m a newbie so I apologize if this question has been asked 100 times:  I have a 12 week old Goldendoodle (mom golden retriever, dad standard poodle).  I’m madly in love with her and believe she is without a doubt the smartest dog I have ever owned.  One of the reasons I chose a doodle is because I loved their “funky” look.  I’m starting to think that Chesney will look like a tall golden retriever and not have the funky kinky or curly look of a doodle.  My vet tells me they see a number of Goldendoodles who look just like Golden’s – and that you would never know that they have any poodle in them.  So…I’m wondering if anyone has pictures of their doodle as a puppy who might look similar to Chesney now (very golden retriever-like), but who eventually grew longer hair?  Please understand – I’m thrilled with her either way, I just want to be prepared if she’s not going to get the “funky” look I was hoping for.

Views: 3453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That pup looks like a giant version of Luna! 

Have a peek at her in action below, you'll see what I mean ;)  She's a small goldendoodle (dad was a mini poodle), but she looks very much like a very small retriever.  We get strange looks at the dog park all the time from people doing double takes because she looks like a very tiny retriever.

About the video: She was spayed about 3 weeks ago, so her belly hair has an oddly rectangular look ;)  It's growing back nicely though.

When I saw Luna's profile picture on the front page slide show I had to do a double-take because she looks so much like Chesney.  We'll see how things progress - she'll be 13 weeks old this week, and she still looks very much like a tall golden retriever.

Luna does look alot like my carlos and he does this exact same thing in the bath tub. He trys to dig at the drain it is so funny!

Hi Cary, I will be getting my Goldendoodle pup at the end of May. I too am concerned that he will look more like a Retriever than a Doodle. We just lost our Golden Retriever of 10 years to cancer last month. This pup's mom is a Standard poodle and the dad a Golden Retriever. By looking at the litter online all of the pups seem to resemble a Golden Retriever. Because our Retriever's loss was so painful for us I really wanted the pup to look a little more doodle.

My dog Alpha is a F1 miniature Goldendoodle.  Top: 8 weeks old (7 lbs).  Bottom: 3 years old (38 lbs).

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service