DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

December 27th.....Just wanted to update that they ended up sending Winston home last Thursday after the ultrasound showed no obvious blockage, but the dye they had used was sort of lining the stomach so they thought maybe something was in there. They kept him there a couple days to make sure he could keep food down and give him fluids and then sent him home on a bland diet. Weirdly enough bland diets don't go well for him. He usually ends up with soft runny stool which he did. We managed it with some slippery elm bark. My son and finance and their dog came for Christmas with their dog. The dogs played and had so much fun and Winston acted his normal self Christmas night I decided to start him back on some kibble. Just a third of his regular amount, 3 x day. Last night I gave him a bit more before bed and this morning he woke up throwing up. He sometimes does this when his stomach is empty. Well when I went to clean it up, there was a long piece of twine with a clump of twine at the end that had some food and things stuck in it. I think we found our culprit. Took him over a week to throw it up, but hopefully that was all of it, and we can get back to normal. Thank you for the good wishes for our furry boy. If you don't have health insurance, I recommend it. The total for his bills was over $1500 so hoping our pet insurance covers it all.

Update. Thank you so much for your good thoughts for our boy. He ended up throwing up before the final X-ray, but it was only barium that came out. The final x-ray of the stomach didn't show anything obvious that the barium had attached to . He seemed stable so they have kept him overnight and sent off some bloodwork that they will get back this morning to make sure there isn't a systemic condition causing this. If the blood work is normal then the vet mentioned referring him to a center that does endoscopy to see if they can find out what's going on. 

There's never a good time for our fur babies to be sick, but when you have kids who love their puppy the week of Christmas sure seems extra hard. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so worried. He threw up Friday night, then was fine Saturday and yesterday, playing eating etc. until last night when he threw up what looked like a day or mores  amount of food. Then a few hours later he threw up water and then this morning bile so took him in first thing.

They did a barium study and the vet called at 2:00 and said that the barium isn't emptying out of his stomach. So they will do another x-ray at 4:00 and if it's still not emptying then he'll likely need surgery to see what is blocking it from emptying. 

He had a rough start in the beginning with frequent diarrhea etc., but has done great the last 6 months or so with only one or two very short lived bouts.

He loves to grab socks when he gets a chance, but he's never really alone for more than a minute so I just don't see how he could have swallowed one without us knowing. 

Please say a prayer or send good thoughts our boys way. Waiting is the worst. We just love him so much.

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So many good thoughts to Winston! I hope that no surgery is required. It's so hard when our babies are sick.

I hope that the second x-ray gives you some answers and that surgery isn't necessary.

Sending positive thoughts for Winston.  

When Haley was a puppy he had to have a rock surgically removed from his stoma  so I do know how scary it is.

So sorry to hear this. I hope that Winston recovers on his own.

I hope Winston is feeling better!!!

Prayers for Winston!!! 

Please keep us updated.  I hope whatever they find will be easily fixed. Sending hugs.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service