DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday Wolfie got neutered! he is almost 6 months old.  I have just been reading online about the Elisabethern collar then found an article about putting shorts on them instead of a collar!  Wolfie had a little bit of a restless night in his kennel and started licking this morning so I'm home from work to keep an eye on him today!  I thought the shorts sounded like a good idea so I found a pair of my husbands old shorts and have them on him today hoping this will stop him from licking! Wolfie does seem to be doing ok going up and downstairs! 

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wolfie might be just fine. Owen and Kona didn't bother their incisions. Neutering is much less trouble than spaying. I do know some dogs won't leave the stitches alone but if he is doing pretty well now it should be okay. Give him lots of doodlekisses from Kona and Owen and me. He sure is a cutie!

Wolfie is adorable and I love his name. Vern did not have to wear a collar and recovered pretty quickly. Good luck!!

Hero, got neutered on Friday (7 months).  He doesn't even have stitches.  The vet said they are all internal and there should be no need for a collar.  Hero has left the spot alone and done pretty well.  Although we try to keep him quiet, he was back to his old self in about a day.  We have been walking him in the backyard on a leash to keep him from running around, but of course, the day after the surgery he vaulted a 3 foot retaining wall with a single leap and I had to scold him.  He also like to wrestle with our new puppy (Summer, who is actually his cousin), but we have to keep breaking them up so that he doesn't hurt himself.  LOL, he just doesn't seem to realize that anything is any different.

Good Luck to Wolfie, I am sure he will be fine.

Bo recovered very quickly, but the collar died.

Thank you everyone for your comments about Wolfie! he is doing great and while I was outside with him earlier today he took off chasing a rabbit in the back yard,  so hopefully he didn't do any damage! I know he does have internal stitches so none to be removed,  he will get checked at the vet this weekend! This website is all new to me so this is my first time posting!

Hope he recovers fast! I'm sure he's fine if he's calm the rest of the time so nothing happens.

Good luck Wolfie!

Wheeler got neutered back in August (at 6 months). He did wonderful, I was more worried than him. In the middle of December (4 months later), he was rolling over for a belly rub, & at the very bottom of his, you know what, was a real deep purple ( almost looked like a bite of some sort). The next morning this purple spot had opened & turned into a sore, which he would not let alone. I took him to our vet & she said the internal stitches they use can take 6-8 months to dissolve completely & his body had a reaction to them (yes, 4 months later). She said with it being an open sore & him licking at it, he may have gotten the stitch out, she put him on an antibiotic for 2 weeks & if it didn't clear up, she would have to open it back up & get it out. Thankfully it cleared up & we haven't had anymore problems with it. Our vet also put in his records, if he would ever need surgery, that they can not use those stitches. I've never heard of this before it happened to our Wheeler, but it's always nice to know just in case. I hope Wolfgang feels better!

WTD! That is an awful outcome for Wheeler. So glad that have noted it in his chart for future reference! 

Welcome to DK. Wishing Wolfie a speedy recovery.

Good thing he feels ok. Huff got a mild infection after getting fixed but he got better quickly. He was to hyper after the first day, keep him calm.

I took Wolfie to the vet yesterday and he is now wearing the dreaded Elizabethern collar! he had a mild infection and is on antibiotics now for 10 days!  I thought we were doing a good job at trying to stop him from licking! its been 1 full day of wearing the collar now and its driving him crazy! hopefully by Tues when I get him rechecked at the vet again he will be all healed and can stop wearing this collar which is frustrating him so much! poor dog keeps crying as he can't reach to scratch or lick himself!!! What a long week this has been!

Bruin is 7 months too and was neutered on Thursday &  I took Friday off to stay home with him. He slept most of the day.  Today he is doing great and I have only caught him licking a couple of times.  He was driving me crazy with his restless energy so I took him for a short walk today.  His incision does not seem to be bothering him at all.  Good luck to all of our boy fur babies!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service