DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi Everyone! I work from home and while I absolutely love having Piper with me everyday sometimes it is quite difficult when I am on a phone call and she wants to play.  I have Kongs for her but I wanted to see if y'all had other ideas.  She has TONS of toys and bones (she is currently chewing a bone quietly right now :) but a lot of times she wants my attention and unfortunately I cannot always give it to her.  I then have to make a comment to the customer apologizing for the barking in the background.  When she wants to play she wants to play :) 

Just wanted to see if y'all had any ideas of things to keep her entertained.  I wish we had a Doggy Daycare around here so she could have some all day play time during the week but we live in the country so we don't have that.  

Thanks so much!

Views: 417

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh that is such a good idea! I don't know if I could block it off completely, I probably could. Definitely something to think about! I have started making sure she knows I do not play with her in my office. If I need a break or she needs a little playtime I leave the office.

I work from home as well. Bo is 2 yrs old and I experienced the same issues. He would constantly bring toys and put them in my lap or even on my keyboard. I put up a baby gate (as someone else suggested). and that became a life saver. That way I didnt have to crate him. He could be near me but not all over me. I just take several breaks to take him outside for potty breaks and I play fetch with him. We have a huge backyard so usually throwing the ball about 6 or 7 times and he's ready to come inside and sleep.

And re: the phone. Bo cannot stand for me to talk on the phone. Anytime I am on my cell I cant be where he can touch me... He is all over me. Tugging on my clothes... Wrapping his paws around my leg. It was interesting to see someone else had same problem. Must be a doodle thing.

Hang in there... It gets better. I love having Bo as company while the hubby is at work and kids at school. And there's times now where I can let Bo in the room with me and he sleeps at my feet.

ah so there is light at the end of the tunnel! Some days she is perfect and goes to her bed, sleeps etc.  Other days she is very very needy.  She does like to be where I am constantly but I may put the gate up to keep her out. I've normally used it to keep in her somewhere, haha.  Thanks so much!

Picco has always entertained himself with his toys or sleeps but he barks at just about every noise in the neighborhood!  I use speaker phone and during some calls, depending on who I was talking to and for how long, I would put on his citronella barking collar. Luckily I'm not on the phone much.  Most that I talked to know about Picco and laugh when he barked!

He'll bug me around lunch because he gets some biscuits while I eat then at 5pm he gets perky and harasses me because it's time to stop!

1st post.....happy to be here.

I have a similar problem with my 5 1/2 month old Toy Goldendoodle.  He won't let me alone when I go from room-to-room....I live in a small 1-BR apartment so it's not like I'm leaving him alone in a huge house. There are only 4 rooms, 2 of them separated.   But I go to the kitchen for a snack...he follows me in (and wants snacks, too !).  I do cleaning in my BR, he wants to go in.  I go to the bathroom, he comes in and lays down (at least he stopped jumping into my pants !). This happens ALL the time, even when he is napping/sleeping -- he'll wake up and come into the room.  I have a hardwood floor so he can hear the "creaks" as I sometimes try to sneak away.  LOL

Now, he knows when I leave the apartment that I have a different routine:  I prepare his playpen (swing door shut, water dish, treats) plus I put on my jacket.  So he probably realizes I am not "leaving" when I go into another room.  Obviously, he wants to be near me and I do like his affection.  But especially at night, going into the kitchen, I don't want him asking for snacks at 1 AM when I have a late-night coffee and Twinkie.

Any suggestions ?  Will he outgrow this as he leaves his puppy stage ?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service