DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My little Yarrow gleefully jumped into the car this morning and was all happy at the vet's office.  She obviously holds no grudges for the vaccinations she received there.  I'm waiting to hear any time now that she's awake in recovery. 

Here's a picture of her napping blissfully last night between her bed and her comfy mat, surrounded by toys.  Speedy recovery baby.

Views: 561

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wishing Yarrow a speedy recovery.

Hope Yarrow is feeling alright and recovers quickly!!

Wishing Yarrow an easy recovery from her spay operation today.

Deb let us  know how Yarrow is doing, sending healing thoughts her way.

Very cute picture!  Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery

Sending prayers and good thoughts for sweet Yarrow...and for you too Deb...let us know how it goes!

We've been home just over an hour now.  When I arrived at the clinic to pick her up, Yarrow peed a little on the floor and was an odd color - orange - like blood tinged.  She definitely did not have pee that color this morning.  With all the pristine white snow around, I would've noticed that.  The vet tech seemed concerned but said to watch and see if it persists and if so, bring them a urine sample.  What the heck?!

Yarrow was starving.  She ate about a cup and a half of food, drank some water then whined to go outside.  I took her out and she pooped and peed (orange!).  Now she has fallen asleep.  Poor baby.

Anybody know what's going on with her pee? 

Perhaps her urine was just really concentrated if she was a bit dehydrated. I hope that' small it is. Another possibility is some medication she was given but the tech should know that. I suppose there could have been some blood in the vagina, where a female dog's urethra is located but it does seem odd.

It looks like it's fairly common for the first 24 hours after a spay.  The vet tech should have known that. 

Yes she should have. Bless the internet.

Okay, I just found this on the aspca website:

Monitor your pet’s urine for blood. A small amount may be present in female animals during the first 24 hours after surgery. If this continues or if your pet seems otherwise ill at any time, call the postoperative care line.

So, Yarrow's probably fine.  I won't worry.

And thank you all so much for your well wishes.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service