DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My little Yarrow gleefully jumped into the car this morning and was all happy at the vet's office.  She obviously holds no grudges for the vaccinations she received there.  I'm waiting to hear any time now that she's awake in recovery. 

Here's a picture of her napping blissfully last night between her bed and her comfy mat, surrounded by toys.  Speedy recovery baby.

Views: 561

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Cheryl.  I did nearly faint and I almost started crying. Yarrow's not so little anymore.  As she stands next to me, her hips are now half way up my thigh.   Everyone loves Sadhu.  He is a one in a million gem.  I've taken that gate down.  I figure it's safer that she run up the stairs without the hurdle if the spirit moves her again!

Yikes!  Today is day 5.  I've been checking Yarrow's incision almost hourly for signs of any damage inside or out, and so far so good - miraculously!  No swelling, no discoloration, no heat, so I figure we're lucky.  I keep her in the room with me, wherever I am - with the cone off because she seems less 'loco' with it off and she can use her paws to hang on to chew toys to keep busy.  The very best investment I made was the big beef bone I bought her while she was in for surgery.  She's focused a lot of her attention on it.  However, she's discovered that she likes to run and slide like a child in socks on a smooth floor.  OY!  That stops my heart because I'm afraid she'll do a 'Bambi on ice' move.

Going outside, on leash, to take care of business isn't too bad so long as we're in the yard.  I take her for short walks too so she can see and smell the daily news - which I've been doing 3 or 4 times a day.  I have to be armed with high value treats to get her to keep bringing her attention back to me and remembering, albeit for short stints, to walk beside me on a loose leash.  Apart from those calm moments, the rest of the outing is rodeo time. Yarrow's so strong now that I have to keep the leash tied around my waist to be sure she doesn't get away from me.  I keep the walks short because lots of people around here walk their dogs off-leash and I would lose my mind if another dog ran towards us.  I'd have to wrap myself around her like my life depended on it.  Also, When she starts to leap and play tug of war with me, I have to hold her collar and get her to calm down.  I can't wait until everything is back to normal.  We usually do our loose-leash walking after excess puppy energy has been spent.  Herein lies the problem.  The puppy energy is contained like bubbles in a well shaken can of Coke.  Poor thing.  This is a girl who, before her confinement, was so good that people would comment on what a well behaved puppy she was.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service