DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am looking for new reads and hoping to possibly find a new author.  What book are you reading now and what are some of the books you hope to read this in 2016!  The first book I read this year was The Guilty by David Baldacci - part of Will Robie series and a quick read! Now I am back to my favorite pastime - "Bridge for Dummies".  I have read this book so many times it is falling apart.  Going to download efile on ipad.  I just cannot seem to remember some things it teaches you to do.  I guess I took up bridge too late in life! LOL

Views: 426

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the great suggestions.  I lived in Seattle for many years and always read J A Jance books when they first came out, but in the last 5 years I have read only one of her books. 

Go to dk Amazon and get them for a penny and catch up  Lots has happened.

Thanks for the suggestion Nancy.  I am a prime member and I definitely should be using it more often.

"Still Alice" is on my shelf of best books I've read

I like the Jack Reacher series also.  Currently reading Make Me as as break from the Bregdan Chronicles.  Also reading Whole 30 by Melissa & Dallas Hartwig (recommended by my acupuncturist).

Make Me was not my kind of a book at all.  I hated the ending.  Do not recommend it to anyone.  Whole 30 has changed my life.  Recommend it to anyone who has problems with their diet.  A combination of foods from Whole 30 and Blue Apron have given us a whole new outlook on foods and cooking.  Blue Apron comes packed with everything you need to cook these great meals.  It is available on the West Coast.  If you are tired of cooking, give this a try.

is anyone using Goodreads?   I have found that it allows you to connect with friends and to get quick reviews on many books.    I am currently reading the latest book in The Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer    

Yes, I like Goodreads too. I have always enjoyed reading Archer's books.  I think the first book I read written by Archer was As the Crow Flies - I read it flying to London and back.

I am over half way through the Bregdan Chronicles (book 5) and really like the easy style of Ginny Dye and her characters.  It is the kind of book you can just pick up and put down many times during the course of the day and never seem to lose the thought.  It has been a nice break while waiting for the  Outlander series to start up again in April.  I have read all those books a couple of times and know those characters well also.  Love how they are casting the series and look forward to seeing the next season.

Between doodles, gardens & bikes - I am having trouble finding time to read!

Late, late at night with your flashlight under the covers!  :-}

Boy, I can identify with that, but add in two parents (my mom - 99 and FIL - 101) and we keep plenty busy. It is great being retired so we have the time to do those things that are important to us.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service