DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When Borders were closing, I bought bunch of interesting looking books. I also buy bunch of work related books when I go to conferences, seminars or something. Then, I never get a chance to read them, and start to loose interest in them even before I get to read them!! Does anyone do this, too? I try taking one of those books with me when I have to go to the court hearing, because usually it is an all day waiting matter....This seems to help a bit !!!  :-)

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

All the time!  I use to be a avid reader - not so much anymore - seems I'd rather be on the computer then reading a book. When I worked (many, many years ago) my commute on the train was one hour - it was great for reading. Now my kindle is loaded with books I purchased with good intention but still haven't read. Someone will tell me about a great book they just read or I catch an interview with an author that sounds good & there it is another book sitting on the 'haven't read shelf" or loaded onto the knidle - lol! 

It is great being retired because I have lots of time to read.  I have started having most books put onto my iPad and I take it with me everywhere.  This morning I went to the doctor with my husband and grabbed the iPad on the way.  It is great for filling all those extra minutes, but don't take it to the dog park.  You get too absorbed in the story and forget about your dog!  I have also been cleaning out the bookshelves and donating lots of books that were read or not any more of interest to organizations that may have someone who will read them.  I gave away literally thousands of books when I retired from teaching and still see them around when I sub.  So, don't be afraid to pass on the books you are not reading or not interested in anymore.  E-readers instead of hard copy is about the same as CDs instead of records or cell phones instead of land lines.  You will get into it before long.
I do this I ordered a lot of books and have not had a chance to read them-then my husband got me a kindle but I have a bookcase  full of real books to read first!

Boy, I use to do this all the time with work related books.  Now I get them as audio books and I listen to them as I drive to and from work.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service