DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It's been quiet over here on the book loving doodlers page - whats everyone reading this spring?  I just started Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, and next up is Snow Child for my book club.  

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading Karen White's Return to Tradd Street. Light and fun. I just added Mr Penumbra's to my "wish list" on Amazon. Sounds like a fun read. Thanks for the suggestion

I just finished A Circle of Wives by Alice LaPlante about man with three wives who was recently murdered -- not very heavy a real page turner.  I'm now reading Junkyard Planet, a non-fiction about the billion dollar trash trade.  So interesting -- about what happens to all our recycling.  Did you know that all those old Christmas lights that you throw in the trash are turned into reclaimed copper and the plastic turned into slipper bottoms?

I keep wanting to read, Mr Penumbra....  it will definitely be my next read!

Hi   How do you like Snow Child??  Thought that sounded good.  Our book club is reading "Orphan Train" and "Mary" the story of Mrs Lincoln, supposed to be good, have not started it yet.  I am reading Blood and Beauty about the Borgis, Pope Alaxander VI.  Real good if you like historical novels.  Please report how you like the ones you are reading and I will do as well..  We are going to read Grapes of Wrath this May and a classic every year, that should be fun looking at a book read many years ago through adult eyes.  Thank you bringing up news.

Kate and Breezy

I highly recommend The Perfume Collector, Me Before You, and The Fault in our Stars!

Hi Readers, Thank you for the tip on "good reads"  I am reading Orphan Train.  It is a good read and interesting .

Kate and Breezy

Rereading Diana Gabaldon's series.  I read them all and have started rereading them.  The television series comes out this summer and we love Jamie and Claire.  The library just called me that another book is in.

I'm on the last of the six books right now.  Some things seem familiar, but it was so much to read.  I am totally enjoying all of the books the second time around.  Can't wait for the series on television this summer.  It starts in August and I even signed up for STARZ so I can watch it this summer.  I never watch television, but my husband is enjoying watching the new channels on STARZ.

I just finished Innocence by Dean Koontz

Love Dean Koontz and I think I have read everything by him.  I even enjoyed the Frankenstein series which I did not think I would like.  The Odd Thomas series was quite interesting also.  But, my all time favorite book of his was on old one called The Watchers.  It is about a dog with artificial intelligence.

I remember The Watchers. I actually think I own that one out in my pole building where some of my older books are. Love Odd Thomas. Actually rented the dvd. I was impressed on how well it was done keeping really close to the story line from the first book.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service