DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our new puppy Storm liked sleeping in his carboard box, that i decided to spruce it up.  I've read about how dogs like a cave-like design to sleep in, so I searched online and found a fancy doggie bed/house style i liked, but it was about $140.00.

I knew, at the time , that my puppy Storm would outgrow his bed .  I recreated the design using Storm's cardboard box, more cardboard, fabric, and a glue gun.  The two things missing, are the trimmings and a bow for the top.  I purchased an old pillow case at Goodwill and i will remove the piping (trimming) and use that for the edges later.   

Storm seems to like it!  So far, after 2 weeks, it's still in good condition!  There was only a small piece of fabric near the opening that was'nt secured, that he pulled it out a little.  

This was actually a fun project for me!  First part was opening up the flaps of the box and adding an extra piece of cardboard to strenthed the sides, since i wanted more height .   I'm glad i had extra hands (my 8yr old son) to hold the roof panels in place while i glue gunned the panels together with extra fabric . Using large strips of fabric  to hold together the panels is like using tape to hold it together!  The last part was glueing all the edges together.   Took me under 2 hours.   

You could also add foam padding  under the fabric to make it look softer.

Aimee

Views: 185

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Aimee - Storm's house is so cute - you and your son did a great job. Storm is a very good boy not to chew his new den - he's a cutie.
Thank You!  We loved making it! :)
Great idea!!
Thanks!  He still sleeps in it! :)
Good job! 
Thanks!  I had more fun making it that my kids, i think!  :)
Thank You! It was a fun project ! :)
What a clever idea! That is sooooo cute!!! You did a beautiful job designing it!!! Storm must be an exceptionally good boy.  I'm afraid Toby would have dismantled it within a day. lol!
Thank You!  :)   We enjoyed making it!  I think Storm knows it's his box (scent) ,so he mostly chews his favorite toys instead.

Aimee - Storm's house is great.  So cute and creative.

And Storm must be a great pup not to destroy it, I'm sure Murphy would.

Thank You! It was an exciting moment when the roof panels came together!  :)   He sleeps in it every night.
What a great idea!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service