DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday I looked at the Tug-of-War toys when I bought dog food.  Those ropes shed, get stringy, and the doodles gag. I wished, but just kept walking.

Yesterday I looked at plant hangers while in the garden store.  I can never reach my hanging baskets to water them and they are up to high  under the sofet  hanging from toggle bolt S-screws.   They don't look good up there.  DH was going to make a string for me  and I said NO STRING plant  hangers.

So here are the two silly things I did today..

F. Parker has a discussion  about making really nice leashes by braiding parachute material in this group.  My parachute is busy right now, so I used old t-shirt materiel to make tug of war toys. They are sturdier and stronger than I thought. 

2 done before I even finished my morning coffee

You need:  

• 2 shirts cut into 6 strips.   Pair  the strips,  then braid

Plant Hangers.

Old choke chain collars!  I had two choke collars hanging in my garage that have  not been used for years and years.

Views: 246

Replies to This Discussion

Joanne - Great ideas!   I LOVE the Tug Toy!!!   To think we just tossed a whole bag of t-shirts my daughter amassed during her "track and field" years!!!!   But I'm sure with a bit of rummaging around I'll find some perfectly good Tug Toy tee shirts hanging around!    I had recently made one of rope...and the stringy stuff just wreaks havoc with Banjo's digestive system.
Great ideas indeed. The tug toys look much better than they sound and the choke chains are genius material. I don't think I have any metal ones but I may just come up with uses for the nylon ones I never really used. This is "declutter" summer but that doesn't mean you can't put some of the clutter to use!
OMG!! You are a wise woman!!!
awesome idea...
What a great idea!  I have old t-shirts & unused chain collars.  Thanks for sharing.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service