DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Reggie is one big mat and is having a shave down tomorrow ( by a groomer).. He is 16 months and his last one was last summer, with a trim in January. He looks like a sheep with very dense fur that is curly at the roots. I can't fight the long coat any more so need advice on the look to aim for so it will grow in cute and fluffy. Should the face, head and tail be left longer and if so, what look should I aim for so he does not look like a poodle. His head, face and ears are not matted. Thanks..I love the scuffy look but resigned to a different manageable look from now on.

Thanks

Views: 273

Replies to This Discussion

thanks..had already found it. Great pics.
This is Bella

I am totally in love with your pup. I actually printed out her pics, as Reggie is being groomed as we speak. Even if he is cut too close, this is the look to aspire too. How long is her fur there, and how long since her last cut?
She had been groomed 2-3 weeks earlier than this picture. Her fur is probably 1 1/2 - 2 inches. I get it cut a little shorter than I like, because it grows so fast. She weighs 51lbs. She was groomed yesterday, by the same woman who always grooms her and she totally screwed it up. Her head is very uneven and her moustache is weird. But, she will grow out in a couple of weeks and will (hopefully) look good. We are all embarrassed now. HAHA.
Well..I have a new pup. It is so hard to recognize our pups without their trademark fluff. Although I was very upset last time,I am actually releived that he can start over. His coat came out in one peice, all attached like a jacket. She said it was like shearing a sheep. He is shorter than last time..barely 1/4" and like a velvet lab ( I can see his skin in places). That is how bad his mats were as she is very conservative. She left most of his face and tail, though the sides of his face to his ears were shaved.I learned my lesson as I will NEVER let him get bushy again. That means trims every 6 weeks and that is $$$ but the only way to have a nice soft even coat.I appreciate any suggestions or how frequently you do it. He is ( was?) 65 lbs, but his collars needed ot be tightened and he is one skinny guy now I took many pics and will send them when I get them online.
We want to see a picture of Reggie when he is done!
How much does she weigh?
Bella looks so good!!!
Thanks.
This is Ned at his shortest due to mats. Notice that the legs are still teddy=bearish, the tail is normal and the head is still intact blending into the body. This length is about 3/4 of an inch but the groomer made it look longer. At this length, even though he was in the worst part of the matting stage, brushing him was a breeze.

What a gorgeous pup!! I wish R could have that look. He looks so full coated and teddy bear like. I love his Golden Ret color too. Did his color change after the cut?
Not after that cut. He has faded some and lost the deeper color on his ears, but the coarser adult coat on his back is darker apricot. He will be two on St. Patrick's Day. Ned's face hasn't ever matted and the coat there is straighter and has always been coarser. He is really curly on his chin and neck, pretty curly on the top of his head. His adult coat is crinkly at the skin but straightens as it grows. Here he is now:

As to my grooming techniques? It is a two-person job at my house. My husband cuddles while I brush and comb. Not classy at all!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service