DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Cubbie had to go to the vet today for a dental cleaning (no matter how often I brush his teeth, they don't stay clean) and they had to shave part of his leg to put the IV in.  Last time they only shaved a small section but this time they decided to shave all the way around his leg.  I almost cried when I took his bandage off and saw how they had butchered his leg.  I had finally trimmed his legs to a point where I was really happy with the way they looked and then 4 short days later the vet went and ruined all my hard work.  I know that they need to see his leg but they couldn't have taken off less hair.  :(

If anyone has ANY ideas on how I can make his leg look even a little better please let me know.  At this point, I will do almost anything.  I am going to bath him again tomorrow and am going to clip him down using my #3 blade on his body but would really like to avoid taking his legs that short.  Any suggestions? 

Views: 566

Replies to This Discussion

When I left a long shear line down the side of Starlit this Spring I was told to blend it with a thinning shears but I don't know if this will help you in this case after looking at your pictures.

Give it a try.  

I think only patience will work. In a couple of weeks he'll have some hair , which will make the contrast less noticeable.
Oh my, they really did do a job didn't they!!  Cubby is a lot curlier which makes the blending harder.  My Gracie doodle is a wavy fleece so she has much more floppy hair.  I use my thinning or blending shears.  The ones that have teeth on one side.  I start slowly clipping down the leg toward the shaved area trying to gradually shorten the hair so it starts to blend in.  The results won't be that great at the moment since the leg is just skin but as the hair starts to grow out you can continue to blend it until it pretty much looks all the same length.  Just start a few inches above and below the shaved area and take away a little at a time getting shorter as you near the shaved area.  With this type of sheer you have to clip, comb, clip, comb because it only takes small parts of the hair.  Always clip up or down...never across or you will start to see edges.  Next time I am going to try to ask my vet to push back Gracie's hair and shave underneath so when the hair flops back down it will cover the shaved area like a curtain.  I just can't understand why they have to shave so much away!  Hope this helps.
I am sorry but this just made me laugh. reminds me of an old man with skinny legs and shorts and black socks. can he wear a bandana around it like he is in a special doodles only club..hugs..

I was going to say, " Place a wrist bracelet around the leg.  Add some Bling to hide the shave"   

Only because I don't see and answer here except.  TIme Heals all Wounds ( or bad shave jobs).

But I backspaced and tried to be serious for once.  But, now that you started it Mimi, I came back in here   :)

On a serious note, it will grow back.  I hate it when my dog finally looks GOOD for once and I have a lot of work in a coat, only to have something happen.  Good news is, it does grow back. 

lol...I hadn't even though about the old man, black sock look.  hehe  maybe i should see if I can get Cubbie to wear a pair of flipflops to complete the look. 
and a hat and a hawaiian shirt... post photos..pleeeaaassseee.... I am dyin'' here laughing

I'll have to wait until my husband isn't home because he would think that I had finally lost my mind.  I can just hear him...."oh brother...NOW what are you doing to those poor dogs?"  He is out tonight so I'll have to see what kind of little disguise I can create for Cubbie.  Of course, I won't want Ollie to feel left out....

My last foster Callie's leg was like that when I picked her up.  Overall her hair was shorter, but after a couple of weeks of hair growth blending shears helped.

I don't understand why they shaved all the way around????? When Jindi had to have a drip in  his leg, they only shaved the front of his leg. Mind you the drip fell out so they had to shave the other leg. So I had a dog with two shaved parts on his legs ( glad he wasn't a show dog ) I nearly cried when I saw his legs but I think I would have cried if they did the same thing to Jindi's legs as they did to Cubbie's leg. I think the people at the dog park thought I was starting a new trend.
lol..

ROTF

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service