DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

How often does everyone bathe their doodles? My groomer says they don't need much bathing and they can get dry skin if bathed to often. I can't see going several months without bathing. Any suggestions? Bentley is a couple of days shy of 11 months old.

Views: 910

Replies to This Discussion

We tend to go 3-4 weeks. Finn starts to look ragged if I wait too long even with brushing in between. Luckily he doesn't stink!!
We work on a " need to do" basis. Enzo is 4 months old and is an expert at finding pelican poo. She probably gets a bath at least once a week. I do add a touch of oil to her food to help ward off dry skin. So far, so good.
What kind of oil? Bentley does tend to have some dry skin.
Flax Seed Oil. She gets just a "dollop" in her food on the am
I will be trying that...thank you

Libby goes to the groomer every three weeks for a bath and grooming.  We tried bathing her here and it just did not work for us or her:)  WOL    

Bentley gets groomed every 6 weeks or so but she does not bathe him. I usually bathe him after grooming. He's not really a stinker but I just find it odd not to bathe him.
Thanks sandy they have such an array of items to choose from.
I'm really sensitive to heavy smells. Anyone that you recommend more than another? I'm thinking chamomile or coconut papaya....they also have a hypoallergenic non fragrance one as well.

EarthBath has a completely fragrance, dye free shampoo. I haven't tried it yet. But I got a whole bottle as a sample. I have heard good things about Earthbath.

I looooove Chris Christensen products. They have lots of specialty lines. I have found the best way to try what works best is to buy the travel packs. They are reasonable.

Will definitely have to try this. Just did a google search and it looks like Walmart sells it cheaper than even Amazon! As much as I hate going to WalMart, I may have to make a run! Which " aroma" do you like best?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service