DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I don't know what we'd do without Liquid Slicker!  Maple has a very
fine fleece coat and although she is nearing the end of her puppy coat change to adult, if she's not groomed every 8 weeks she becomes very high maintenance.

These are before and after shots of LS application after her swim this past weekend. First the clear water rinse to wash off the brackish Potomac river. A good spray of LS all over, then she air dries to beautiful soft, shiny spirals in a very short time. No brushing required.

Views: 222

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Sally, who makes Liquid Slicker and where do you get it? I use "The Stuff" on Sasha who has a coat very similar to Maple and it keep the dirt at bay and conditions her very curly hair around her head soft and matt free. The remainder of her body is spirals, when I let her air dry without brushing after she has been playing with the hose or in her pool it gets difficult to brush thru. I'm going to try the Liquid Slicker :)
Barbara - It's a "Wild Animal" product. I think I bought mine through the Laube website, but that site is so difficult to maneuver around... I found this site also:
http://www.prokennel.com/laubeliquidslicker12oz.aspx
It lasts a long time, the 12 oz will give you about 10 full applications. Also, I spray wet paws after towel drying to prevent mats.
Thank you for posting this. Melody does have matting issues and it is so challenging to get her to sit still for brushing. We use Cris Christiansen's conditioner and that does help some. I need to check in to this!
We were at the point where swimming in the river was more trouble than fun for us and Maple until we found this product. Glad you saw this posting!
I have found a great product that does the same things.It is by Chris Christensen called Ice on Ice. It works like magic. No matts,repeals dirt and urine. Its a leave in detangler and finishing spray also sunscreen. It protects the coats cuticle for those dogs who swim in pools and rivers. But I love the soft and shine it gives my dogs coat. Bama has black hair and it just glistens.I wish every breeder whould send one home. Oh hey it costs 12.00 for 16 oz.
Where can I get this?
This stuff sounds great, I looked it up and they want $32 to ship it to me in Canada... sheesh. I know shipping isn't cheap these days but thats a bit much... Hopefully I can find some in Canada :)
Did you try Googling it? Maybe there's a Canadian dealer or Amazon, etc that's less costly on shipping. Good luck!
WWW. ChrisSystems.com
Thanks.
I just may try this on Ned.
Wow. I have to check this out!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service