DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Ned got his birthday haircut today. The groomer said he was really matted even though I brush, comb and rake as much of his body as I can get, every day. She said he still has lots of puppy fur left. (Drat). This is what a 3/4" - 1" long scissor cut can look like. I think he looks great. I will continue to brush, comb and rake and hopefully he will outgrow the mats!

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Birthday Ned. Nancy, he looks simply maahvelous :-)
awe :) He's so cute. I like that cut!
Beautiful. He Looks great.
Happy Birthday, Ned! I like your new haircut.
Ned thanks all of you for admiring him. I just pulled him out of the sprinklers!! Couldn't he just look pretty for a week instead of a day? Boys! He does still have some mats but I am just going to take a section at a time. It is no wonder he HATES to be brushed; I am forever yanking at him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a handsome guy! His cut is very cute!
Hi Nancy,
I can't believe our babies are going to be 1!!! And we will be out of the country for their big day -- that makes me a little sad.
Ned's cut is adorable. Ruby went last Sunday, but I've never gone that short. I brush out Ruby almost every day and she was still matted around the neck. At least that was better than the times before. She even got a blueberry facial and her teeth brushed. I asked the groomer if Ruby liked the facial and she said I'd have to ask Ruby. I have a feeling she wasn't keen on that. She doesn't mind being brushed - she tries to bite and play with me and the handle. So I try to wait and brush after she's played hard and trying to sleep.
Happy Birthday Ned. You look wonderful in your new cut. A VERY HANDSOME DOOD!
Are you wearing a green hat on your BD?
Thanks for admiring me. I am pretty cute in my new "do". I still have mats but my mom can brush me softly and get them out. I am having my brothers and cousins over (that's seven doggies - brothers, Simon and Gordie, and cousins: 120 pound Doberman, 28 pound Whippet, 15 pound Westie (Okay for a girl!), and my newest cousin - a 60 pound lab puppy. I am pretty cute. I will wear my shamrock scarf on my birthday. I hope they wear their finest 'cause its a day to dress up. Mom got us fancy doggie cookies and I think my human brothers, sisters and cousins will be fooled - teehee. We are all going to have bones with peanut butter inside to gnaw on while the humans have an Irish meal. I can hardly wait.
He looks so handsome!
Hi Nancy and Ned,

Ah ha...I have found you here in the grooming forum!!! Since I am still new to the DoodleKisses site, I am feeling my way around. Ned looks so different but then I am use to that because every time Gracie goes in for a cut she looks like that too when she comes home. Remember...somewhere they are related though one is lab and other is golden!!! lol His tail looks just like Gracie's but she has more of the "poodle-like fur" growing down from the attachment area. I think it is only because she is a year older than Ned. Hers was that short a year ago. I never let them cut the taill! My husband would shoot me if the tail were groomed. Anyway, Ned looks very cute and spunky. He will be so much easier to maintain. I spend lots of hours dematting Gracie when she gets long (as she is right now).

Now I have to go find some more "comparison" photos of Ned and Gracie. I have tons of "haircut" photos so maybe I will find similar ones! I'm going to make an appointment for Gracie to get groomed so once she is done, I will post some pictures!

Nancie and Gracie
Believe it or not - Ned's fur is really curly just before the tail also. He is also really curly under his chin.This is his new hair cut from the front/face. He doesn't look as different from this angle.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service