DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi there! I have an almost 14 week old Chocolate Goldendoodle (multi-gen) who will be 14 weeks old this week. I know that we will be taking her to a groomer regularly and took her to one yesterday for the first time to start getting her used to it. She did great!

I am sure as a new member to the forum I have already missed many useful discussions, questions and answer about grooming so feel free to point me to past discussion threads.

We have another appointment in one month to do a shave of the puppy coat as suggested by the salon manager who showed me where the adult coat (curly) is starting to come in. Thoughts?

I think we got more of a poodle 'do but we love the longer shaggier look. Any pics I can take with me next time? In particular I am not sure if the trim/shave of the face area is right - I want Foxy to be able to see but she looks a little over-groomed.

Looking forward to comments from veteran groomers and doodle owners.

Thanks in advance!

PS - The groomer was helpful in showing me how to backward brush, and forward comb the coat as well as pull the hair out of the ears. She seemed knowledgeable and dedicated.

Views: 535

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I WOULD NOT shave your puppy!  He's gorgeous just the way he is.  We have an F1B Goldendoodle and we had no problems with mats until he was about 10 months old.  Then the mats started coming in and I could not keep up with them!  We HAD to shave him then because they were so big and tight against his skin.  Now he looks like a naked poodle!   I am going to do everything I can to never have to shave Max again.  Max was shaved about 4 weeks ago and his fur now is only about 3/4 of an inch long..... 

Thanks so much for all the comments and suggestions. A book I am reading suggested this grooming guide - any thoughts?

http://idog.biz/Pictures/Professional%20Groomer%20Inst.pdf

Best, Angi

It looks very helpful.

Looks like a great start to me, and not a poodle do.  The thing that really makes them look like a poodle is the topknot and the longer ears.  Just ask the groomer to round the top of the head into the ears and then cut the ears shorter than you would a poodle's ears.  Regarding the shaving, we have never done that to our goldendoodle, but then we never took him to a groomer.   We do all the grooming ourselves, and just trim him down to a couple of inches all over a couple of times a year.  He does not mat or shed.  Guess we lucked out.  She looks really good on the second photo, and good info about the ears.  Remember to also trim the toenails and only trim around the base of the foot.  Shaved feet definitely are a poodle look.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service