DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does anyone have any suggestion on how best to get the sand out of our doodles' coats. The beach closest to our house has sand as fine as flour and we can't get it out! We are shampooing them after every trip to the beach and it's still not getting out. Help! 

Views: 477

Replies to This Discussion

If I had the option to change them I probably would get tile. ;o)

OMG, that would take a whole lot of fun out of living in Hawaii!  I'd be a basket case!

I swiffer and then Bona every day. :(

I forgot about Show Sheen.  Used it on my horses all the time.  Great suggestion, Kimberly.  Bonnie, you can order online.  Dover Saddlery has it.  I think it's about $12 a bottle.  Hope the short cuts work better for you.  I'm lucky Finn's not a roller :)  But then, he doesn't get to run on such beautiful beaches either.  Hope all's well, other than a sandy house and missing boxes :))

Thank you, Cheryl. Moving is a big transition... even when it's a great place. We are delighted that friends are visiting already which helps with the adjustment and puts the unpacking into perspective. I should have ordered Show sheen on line instead of searching for it here. I'll do that today.

I'll be your friend Bonnie and bring a bottle of Show Sheen with me. ;)
Any luck with the suggestions?

You can visit any time! No luck yet but the Show Sheen will be here Monday. Here's hoping that works!

Luna isn't curly (and has smooth legs) so she doesn't get SUPER sandy... but I find that after she's dry I can basically brush the sand out with a towel (since she hates her slicker brush).  

UPDATE:

The Show Sheen arrived. We sprayed the dogs then brushed them before going to the beach. Upon arriving home we shampooed them, and I really think the sand issue was much, much less! Thank you, Kimberly! I hope to try it again today.

The sand problem is really at just one beach but it is the one closest to us by far. Most sand is much easier to get out of their coats.

Great news! Hope it continues to work. With any luck the sand will become more course over time. The sand on our beach changes all the time. Remember not to get it (the Show Sheen) on your carpet of wood floors as it is very slippery. :)

Is Show Sheen better than Cowboy Magic?  What is the difference?

I have never used CM before so I am not sure of the difference or if SS is better. I had always used SS and was happy with it. I think it may be better at keeping the sand from sticking to the coat when applied properly. It has worked well for our doodle so far.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service