DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Rooney was groomed today and at just shy being 5 months - I asked her to cut his facial hair a bit shorter.  I was having trouble seeing his beautiful eyes and he gets a matt right underneath his chin that several squirrels could live in.  So I told her to take the chin shorter and area around his mouth and eyes.  So I am posting a before and an after - what look works best?  Rooney's body - other than the sani & feet have never been trimmed.  One thing I want to avoid is having his body look really big and his head look too small.  Comments and suggestions welcomed. 

Before photo.    

After photo

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

Yikes that second picture doesn't really give you an idea - lets try this one.

Um, if I were you, I would have her round his ears instead of making them square. I don't know if you like them square. I like the rest of his face though. Maybe next time, have her leave the beard a little longer (or maybe just fuller?) but I like long and full doodle beards, so it might just be me:)

(cream cheese with blue food coloring on his beard:))

A good picture to illustrate why I vote for the short, as in no, beard!
I guess you are right. Maybe that was a bad choice of picture to try to convince someone to leave their doodles beard long! hahaha:)
Square versus round ears - never having had a dog that required grooming before this is a new one to me.  I'm going to start really paying attention to the photos. 

Wish I could plant a big ol kiss on the big ol nose!

Oh hahaha:)
I don't know, they are both cute pictures!:) I think I like the second one the best. You are asking about his face, right?
Yes just the face.  I want to see his eyes and his face but don't want it shaved or anything too extreme.  I think she needs to take more off above the eyes and maybe shorten the mustach on the sides of his nose.  I'm not a fan of wet hair all around his mouth ;)
I think they did a lovely job! And I'm impressed that you found a groomer who "gets" the DOODLE-look, and didn't trim him up like a poodle. Nice!

Based on the pictures, I really don't think the difference will be incredibly noticeable once he runs around for a little while or gets wet due to the hair above his eyes not looking like it was trimmed very much.  Either way though, he's on cute dood.

I always like to see the eyes and a short chin trim.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service