DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

What type of tail does your Doodle have? How do you groom it?
My 13 m/o Labradoodle is in deep with the puppy coat exchange and I recently (and reluctantly) had to take her 8" tail fur down the 1/2" due to matting. The once proud flag-waving tail is now a long fuzzy stick :(

Any tips or stories of Doodle tail grooming out there? When the plume grows back, I want it to stay!!

Views: 237

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Nancie - I was looking at Maples pictures and realized how fast her tail went from 9 m/o fluff to 13 m/o plume and I now have renewed hope that Maples plume will return long before Christmas :)
Also, the girls are going for a professional grooming this week (my grooming needs to be evened out once in a while) and I'm taking this picture of Gracie with them as a model. Thanks!
That is great. The Doodle plumes are beautiful!!! Maple should be wagging hers in no time! If you ever need any other pictures of Gracie just let me know or go to my page. Right now I have been letting her hair grow out a bit because of a disastrous short cut I gave her a while back. I went the shortest ever because she was going to a Ranch where she would get all the debris on her. My clippers had a loose screw and so they kept dipping in to her coat and she ended up look moth eaten. She is now ready for a new trim which will be taking place in a few weeks because she is headed back to the Ranch the end of July for 7 days. I will probably post photos of that haircut when I do it. Good luck at the breeders. I'm so glad Gracie Doodle could be of some help! :)
I am happy to announce that Maples tail is now measuring 2 inches of silky hair from an un-matted base! It's growing back nicely :) The fuzzy stick is not so fuzzy anymore

No mats in 7 weeks. Looks like we are now in adult coat mode, yipeee!
We would love to see the beautiful silky tail! Do you have pictures?
I take it back. arghh!
We clipped Maples body the other day - a between pro groomings heat relief attempt. I wouldn't call them mats, but little tangles. Poor girl sat through the combing last night for what felt like an eternity. She is definitely more adult than puppy hair now but still high maintenance. I'm noticing a huge difference in grooming between our two pups. Maples fleece is definitely more work than Lucky's curls.
The tri-colored plume is growing back!
Attachments:
a new healthy tail!
Attachments:
At 18 months Spud's tail was his best feature I thought. And then................. what a mess. So now he is temporarily sporting what I call the Picasso tail--A paint brush. It was so much torture for him to get the matts out that this was the most humane. This was taken a few months ago. It grows back out :)

Who cried more, you or Spud? It's torture!
He is a real creep to groom. Between Starlit and Spud--he needs it the most but he gets very upset. I groom Spud in his sleep. He is so happy now. Dogs have no vanity--only the owners. Dogs think comfort.

His tail now has about an inch on the stem and I keep cutting the tip little by little to even things out. It is still ugly!

He has a teacup tail and it was cut even but when it curls up and around it is crooked :( It is just ugly. LOVE YOUR POST. I feel better now.

UPDATE!

It took a year to regrow to the proud plume it was before the de-matting trim.

The tail is BACK !! :)

Attachments:
That tail is just beautiful.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service