DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have taken Allie to the same groomer since we have had her (Sept. 2008). Each time we go they make her look more and more poodle. My husband dropped her off yesterday to get groomed with my instructions including a picture of how they have groomed her before. The instructions were very basic and I would think they were very easy to understand. Do not round her head to look like a poodle. It's like they did it even more this time to spite me! I don't know what else to do. I guess I will have to take her to a new place - it's just that this place was very convenient for me. If any of you have suggestions as to what to tell the next person, it would be very much appreciated. I would like the top of her head to look like the attached picture (hopefully it attaches right). Is that too hard to do?

Views: 1214

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

It is always good to bring a picture of what you want done and stress to them why you left your last groomer. I am a groomer and I have to say, grooming is very easy but finding out exactly what the owner wants done can be tricky at times always make sure you and the groomer are on the same page. If you say you do not want her to look like a poodle. To a Groomer that may mean do not clip her face and by that I mean shave her face clean of hair. If you do not want her to have a round face tell them you do not want her to look like a Bichon. they have round head. I hope this helps.
allie is adorable. And I would find another Groomer - and perhaps you can ask them if they groom Doodles first - interview them a little. but, in my experience, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before you get the ultimate groomer

Wouldn't it be great if groomers kept picture albums of different cuts - like they do at hair salons, and you can just point to what you want? How is that for an idea?
Yes!!! It's so annoying! I think that "doodles" in our area must be rare because everyone that I have talked to doesn't seem so sure of themselves. It drives me the most crazy that I brought a picture in from the day of a previous grooming - from the SAME groomer and he couldn't duplicate it.
It's not that I can't be pleased - the same groomer did her hair, and I took a picture from the day that the same groomer did her hair and I LOVED it. I brought that picture in and he couldn't duplicate it. I don't mean to be too picky - but I don't like it when they puff her head the way they do.
Yes - I will take a picture when I get home from work! I haven't taken a picture of how I don't want it - I guess that would have helped too. I can take both pictures to the next groomer... good idea. I like it JUST like it is in the picture with the pink sweater. I want her head flat like that.
I have had the same bad luck at our groomer. They shaved the top of Rusty's nose, and puffed up his head.
They first time we took him there, I let it go, but we got him grommed at the same place again, and I tried to more specific about what I wanted, and they made him look even MORE "poodly". I love Poodles, but I have a Doodle, and there is a difference.
I didnt' think it was that hard either. Cut him in the same style, just shorter.
Needless to say, I'll try a different groomer next time. Petco grooms my ex brother in laws Doodle, and he always looks like a Doodle! Maybe I'll try there. He's also got some matts on his belly now, so I'm afraid they might have to shave him underneath. UGH. Glad I'm not the only one. My boyfirend thought I was crazy. We've nicknamed him "poodle" now. I think he likes it!
We always sing a song to allie... "They call me Allie - Doodle" Well now we say "they call me Allie Poodle" HAHA.
What a cutie, though!
You're right. I like the girls that do it a lot. They seem to LOVE Rusty! They really seem to love what they do, and have a true love for the dogs. She always asked me if I liked it, and if I didn't, to let them know and that they would do whatever I liked. Plus, the owner stopped carrying Canidae biscuits because they weren't selling, but when I asked her about them, she ordered me a few boxes, and said she would stock some for me in the future. Truly going out of her way for me.
Maybe I'll give them another try, and this time bring in a picture and try to explain better.
Thanks for the insight!
I didn't take one yet! I totally forgot, and now she is in her crate sleeping for the night! I will take one tomorrow (although it has grown in some already!)

Thinking of it more now... I think they made her look more Bichon than a Poodle. She has the square cut on the head (not quite round), and her eyes aren't exposed like they were in the pink sweater.

I will definitely be more specific the next time she gets groomed!

OK... Here is a DON'T photo. I guess she doesn't look "poodle" but more Bichon as someone else mentioned. Whatever it is - I don't like it. I want her to be able to see. I don't think the top of her head looks a thing like the picture I sent. When they cut her hair in the picture with the pink sweater, they took the top of the head hair away from her eyes and then did something to her eyelashes which made her eyes stand out, it was SOOOO cute. I keep saying it but I just don't understand how one time they can do that and now the SAME groomer can't? It wasn't anything I said - I didn't have to say anything - I gave them a picture of what THEY did before to the same dog. How can I go wrong there?

Do realize that this picture was taken a week after her grooming.
I'm sorry but I just had to share my version of a groomer doing a poodle cut on a doodle. Yes, her face has been shaved.... completely. I took a picture of her dad (Gemstones Hugo) as a reference, but this is what I came home with. I have trimmed her tail but it was really long. We certainly had a good laugh but disappointed too. She is finally starting to look like a doodle again. Now I just have to figure out the best tools to use. I don't think it will take Allie too long to grow the look out. She sure is pretty. Well, got lotsa reading to do.lol
Lori

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service