DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We brought Molly in for her monthly grooming (I have not attempted it yet because I am so afraid I will hurt her) with a bit of a twist.  Molly's puppy coat kept getting longer and thicker that brushing her was becoming more of a chore for both me and her.  I asked Julie to cut her down to 1" on the body and 1 1/4" on the legs and head, leaving the tail as is.  I LOVE her new doo.  Her coat is so soft, it feels like velour, and instead of long wild hair it is very wavy and close to her body.  I read somewhere here about trimming down this short and I just wanted to thank whoever posted it.  I think this will help with the transition of her adult coat coming in and will keep her cool during the summer months.

Views: 167

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Molly looks very cute with her new cut - Rooney recently got the same cut, it is HOT here in FL.  I know that it has to feel better to him and I do think the short cut is cute - but I do miss his longer flowing locks.
Thanks Jane.  I also really like the way Rooney looks.  I am very excited to see what Molly's adult coat will look like.  I am also hoping having Molly's coat short now will help with the transition.
That's a really attractive cut on Molly. We get hot too where we live. I won't have to deal with any summer doo's until next summer but I am taking notes because I will be sooo nervous about getting some goofball groomer.
I love our groomer, she has done doodles before so we are lucky that she knows the breed.  Before I took Molly to our groomer I visited about 10 different places, nothing wrong with shopping around and comparing.  Good luck!!
She looks sooo cute!!
Thank you.  I love the haircut and she is sooo soft.
Pictures!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service