DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have a 10 month old doodle that carries around a specific toy and cries when she is carrying it around.  She has never tried to chew up this toy as she has done with her others.  She also takes this toy to her bed when she is ready to go to sleep for the night.  It's kinda cute but I was wondering if anyone else has a doodle that does this.

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

My doodles don't do this, but I had a newfoundland who did exactly the same thing for most of his life. At first I worried that the whining signaled something was wrong, but several vet checks assured me he was fine. His "lovie" was a large fleece stufty ball. He never chewed it up and even after about a million washings, he had it for almost 8 years.
Chloe's "baby" is a fluffy lambs wool ball. It's funny how a certain toy brings out this side of her.
Our almost 4 year old ALD, Nugget, has a stuffed bear that she treats very "maternally". She hugs it with her mouth and her paws when she is tired and wants to go to bed. Although she has destroyed every other stuffed toy she's ever received, "Bear" is in perfect condition. She never tries to rip "Bear" up. Bear stays on Nugget's bed all day until she is ready to call it a night and then she goes to find her. It is pretty cute!
Lucca walks around with a stuffed in his mouth and cries when someone comes home (especially me!!). Once I greet him he stops.

He also has 2 "lovies" (fleece stuufed toys) that he never destroys. After dinner or early in the morning he lays in his bed and "suckles" one like a pacifier. It really is very sweet to watch. He's done this since he was a puppy. He'll be 2 next month. I think it relaxes him so he can go to sleep.

I sure hope the new puppy we will be getting in November does the same thing.
Not my doods, but my first baby, Shadow, who was a Husky/Shepard mix carried around this beenie baby, that was a Husky ironicly, and would do the exact same thing. I don't mean to sound like a downer, but to this day, it is laying beside her urn. That was her "baby" as I saw it and always will be. I think it's just a normal thing that some dogs will do :-)
Awww that sounds sooo cute... my brother had a cat that had a toy and did the same thing ..... can't say Cagney does that though... but it does sound cute!
I have a goldendoodle, Gracie that looks just like your doodle to a Tee! Gracie was a year old in June. She has a very hard plastic ball that is her very favorite toy out of all her toys. She carries this ball with her "everywhere" she goes. She sleeps with it and can even bark with it in her mouth--craziest thing I've ever heard! You can ask her where her ball is and she know exactly where she left it...outside or inside the house. Sometimes I have to take it away at night because she will sit and squeak it all night, as soon as I open her cage door in the morning she dives for it...you better not be in her way when the door opens either. She's a real beauty!!
Attachments:
Yes! Gaston-Cramer does this with his "Bunny". He had "Monkey" for the longest time (I think there's a photo of him as a baby on my page with Monkey)....then it was "Puppy"....now it's "Bunny". He is reverent with his animal- of- the -month and just holds them in his mouth and wraps his paws around them and goes into a trance like sleep. He doesn't make any noise though....it's just a very sweet "this is mine" type hold. Here's a perfect example of him with "Bunny" from the other night. Rosie doesn't do this but she loves nothing more than to try to snag GC's lovey from him whenever she can! LOL She's such a little stinker! LOL (she's the one who made the whole that you see in Bunny in the pic!)

I have two toy poodles and one of them will carry a toy duck around and cry! Especially after eating, he makes his rounds threw the house carrying his duck crying....funny-funny! Both of them "sleep" with their ducks in their mouth!! Kinda funny watching them doze off with their ducks!!
Attachments:
Jack's the only dog I've ever had who didn't do that!
This is Lucca suckling one of his "babies":) You can also hear my daughter being appalled that I put a "Doodle on Board" license plate holder on my car!! She'll never ask to drive it again!!! Yay!!
Attachments:
that is so adorable. He's looking almost guilty doing it.... but he sure is happy.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service