DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Figured I would join this group as I just weighed my 6 mos old puppy today and he is 64 lbs.  Wondering how much more he'll grow!  When do standard doodles typically stop growing?

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

They usually reach full skeletal growth between 9 and 12 months, but they will continue to gain muscle mass well into their second year. So their height at their first birthday is usually what it's going to be, but their weight will continue to increase, sometimes by a lot.

To give you an idea, my guy weighed 68 lbs when I adopted him at 14 months of age, and he ended up 80 lbs.

Karen, around what age did Jack hit his "adult" weight.  I'm guessing Stanlee will top off at around 85 pounds.  He's still very lanky and "wiry" as my mom likes to call it.

You know, I don't remember exactly, but I know he continued to gain muscle mass and weight well into his third year. I remember him hitting 70, and then 75, and then 78, and the vet telling me he shouldn't go over 80 lbs, (which he did, lol) over the first couple of years. I'd say he hit his true "adult" weight in terms of lean mass at around three years old. He can easily weigh 85 or more, he has in the past, but that's really too much for his frame and not good for his joints.  

In my experience, about a year and a half. My boys all continued to grow until that time. They get their height by about a year but then continue to put on some bulk.
Welcome to the Heavyweight group.
BTW, if you have his weight at four months, double that and add 5 - 10 pounds. I am guessing 50 - 55 pounds, so my guestimate would be an adult weight of over 100 pounds. Ready for that?

You have a big boy!

Porter is 14-months and a stealthy 85- pounds.

Stanlee is 11½ months and he is a long-legged 75 pounds. 

Shea has been about 75 to 79 pounds for his last 2 years. Our little rescue went from about 30pounds to 65 in a year.She had her bones showing when we got her though. She is a little chunk .and Mya has been about 60 pounds for about a year. They are all three years old. Shea is the tall one and the girls are shorter.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service