DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does anyone have a puppy from Shasta's litter (Soupy and Petunia April 1, 2011)? Any from Soupy born November 3, 2010?

Views: 522

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Joyce...just yesterday my husband and I were on a walk with Jaxson and Petunia and we came upon another couple walking their two labradoodles. We stopped to talk with them and discovered that not only did they get their two dogs from Manor Lake but that their older dog, who is just over two years old is a puppy of Petunia's!! And after further discussion we learned that their other dog is Jaxson's litter mate!! Talk about happenstance and finding a needle in a haystack! We were all in awe of what we learned...what a fun day! After we got back home and I started thinking about it all I am now thinking that Shasta and this other couples older dog are very likely litter mates. His name is Rocco and his parents are Petunia and Soupy and he is just over two years old so I would think he would have to be a litter mate to Shasta!! All of these findings have certainly been fun to learn. Sometimes you really feel how small the world really is...haha! :)

am so happy to hear about Shasta's family. Shasta was born on April 1, 2011, so it seems the dog you met must be a littermate. Did he look like Shasta and Petunia? I also hoped to find someone with Soupy pups from November 3, 2010. I can't remember the mother of that litter. Thanks for the story of our extended family.

Hi Joyce,
It seems the dog that we recently found out was Petunia's son was from a litter she had in October 2011. So I guess Shasta is his big sister rather than a litter mate. He looks much more like Petunia's mother than Petunia. He's very curly haired. Kind of surprising given that neither Petunia nor Soupy are that curly. Funny how genes move around the gene pool. I still can't beleive how much Shasta looks like Petunia and from what you've told me it seems like their dispositions are very similar too! It would be so interesting to see them interact with each other. Too bad we don't live closer to each other :(.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service