DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, I had a coupler that was working great for walking Sophie and Winston, but Sophie is a chew monster, and Wisnton has a habit of stopping dead in his tracks during a walk forcing me to pull him and the combination of these two things is that the flimsy nylon material began to shed and is now close to breaking so I can't use it anymore.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a coupler that is thick and durable?  

Views: 114

Replies to This Discussion

Leerburg sells thick leather couplers--might be better. You can find them online.

This is the leash I use. It would be difficult to chew through it because it is tougher than nylon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L4MTES

that's interesting. The leashes attach right at the handle rather than close to the dogs. I wonder if it is easier to correct one dog while the other is being good ...
I've gotten used to it, though I can't explain the technique - you kind of pull just that side. Or for a more stern correction, I use my free hand on just that side.
I use the gentle leader on each dood and then the gentle leader coupler. Both were available in the pet store. The gentle leader does the job on not pulling and it would make it difficult to chew when in place. Good luck :  )
I use the easy walk harness. I'll see if they have a coupler. Thanks!

Get a heavy leather coupler. Dr. Fosters & Smith Calogue. I've had the same one for over ten yers. A little mink oit on them is they start to get hard from rain. Good Luck!

Bev, Harlee, Ms. Chloe,, Li'l Buddy & Miss Fergie

ah man, I just spend all afternoon shopping on this wonderful site. I built up my shopping cart and got ready to check out, and then realized they don't ship to Canada. Gah! I hate that.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service