DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It's pricey but oh so worth it! I was using bitter yuck on everything and could not take my eye off of her bc she wanted to chew. Thankfully she had not destroyed anything yet! She did not like anything I brought home! Then I found the yak chew!!!! She LOVES it! Its yak milk, lime juice and salt. It smells like a smokey cheese. She can chew HARD and it seems to last for a good time! I don't have to worry about her like I would with a rawhide (not a fan) etc. Here is a link to the site. I was able to find mine at a local pet store. Hope it helps someone else too!

http://www.himalayandogchew.com/

Views: 443

Replies to This Discussion

Lucy is a goob. My Dad brought his grandpup a LOVELY rib bone that he boiled etc and put in a kong for her. 

She would have nothing to do with it!?!?! WHHHHHHAT? I agree with Carla.. ALWAYS watch your pups with any bone! I throw Lucy's away when they get too small also. I also buy the large yak chews. I agree that they are not that big. It actually allows Lucy to hold on to it better 

I need to get Lucy an antler! She's enjoying her yak as I type :)
Is there a good online site where you can buy these?  None of the stores are in my area,
Buy what?  If you are talking about antlers, go back to the first page of this discussion and see Carla's comment.  I just clicked on her link and it was very easy to buy on line.

The Himalayan Dog chew link is on the first page also. If they're not available in your area go to this site: http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/bbs/smartlist_29?utm_source=adw...

I found it on a search.

Yes, these are great!  Hogan loves them!
I need to get my pup some things like this to chew.  He really wants to gnaw and chew things. I am going Saturday to look and I am hoping for this Himalayan one, a bully stick and hoof.  Hopefully he will like them!!! 
Hi!  Thanks for sharing!  How old was  your puppy when you got this?  I'm expecting a new puppy in July and trying hard to get ready!
Would the small size chews be appropriate for my 11 week-old puppy when I bring him home?
I would still get the large. It is more cost effective. Izzy had the large at that age and she was fine. With puppy teeth she just moistened it.
I am trying to remember when I got them. It had to be pretty soon after Lucy got home bc she was starting to go for furniture and I could not have that :) They are VERY hard. I get the large size for Lucy now. I have found with Lucy have to give her a choice of different chews and she rotates. She has many types of chews and she does not get bored. She has never chewed on any furniture yet!
Thanks for the post.  Got immediately on line and found a local store that carries these.  Loaded the girls up and off we went in search of Himalayan dog chews.  They are laying here happy as can be chewing away.  They have been going at them for about 45 mins and have the edges off of one end.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service