DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Mossy is about six months old and we went out of town for a couple weeks. Then night before we came home we got a call from the dog sitter that she was having bloody diarrhea and crying a lot. She was diagnosed at the vet with Anal Sacculitis. He said her anal glands were extremely full. She was put on antibiotics. That was Sunday night. It is now Wed night and her anal region is still swollen and painful. Has anyone had a dog with this and how long did it take to heal? Trying to figure out if we should take her back in, or give it more time. Just wondering others experiences with this. 

Views: 246

Replies to This Discussion

I would most definitely call the vet in the morning. 

I definitely am going to. Mostly just wondering if others have had experience with this.

We had a dog with frequent anal gland issues. He ended up having surgery to remove them and it turned out that they were quite deformed. I'm sorry I don't remember the details. It was about 15 years ago. Ooops... maybe 20.

Hope you can get Mossy in to see the vet today!  It sounds like it is a very painful condition.  Please keep us informed as to how it is going.  Hugs to little Mossy!

I have experienced this with Murphy.  A couple of times when it was really bad the Vet had to put him under anesthesia and go in and clean out the sac and then medicate it internally in addition to the oral antibiotics.  That procedure did the trick, although I was concerned that he had to be under anesthesia.  Please let us know how your make out...I know from experience how uncomfortable this is for them.

We were at the vet last week for the very same issue with one of our Westie's. Jake's sack had ruptured and they had to sedate him and clean the glands out, this is the 3rd time that we have had to have this done. It is very painful for them, you could tell Jake just didn't feel good for about 2 days. I asked the vet about having him groomed more frequently and having the groomer express the glands, that is what we are going to try to see if we can alleviate the problem. Thank goodness Jake went about 2 years between episodes. Good luck with your bum problem.

Update: Once she was on the antibiotics a couple more days, she began to feel much better. It was quite painful and uncomfortable but she did recover fine!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service