DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My dog ate 3/4 of a stick of butter while we were out.

I left the butter out so it would be "room temp" to bake. And when we got home it was on the floor and was being eaten to death!

Bad dog!!! I cant believe she jumped on the counter.

She is 6 1/2 months old, 42 lbs.

Should i be concerned?

What should I do???

Help!

Views: 249

Replies to This Discussion

My Toby is almost a yr old now and ever since he could reach the counters, butter was his favorite thing to grab and eat! I must say he has had his fair share of butter. Nothing happen to him, he was fine and so was his stool. He also ate a chunk of bar soap last night and he is fine. He still wants butter every time we use it :/ We always make sure the lid is on it now. Hope this helps.

I tend to go on the side of be cautious, keep an eye on them and the stools. She probably will be fine. I was so paranoid the first half of Lucas' first year, I racked up ridiculous vet bills, even with insurance (which I wholeheartedly recommend) I have now learned to lay low unless I see a change in temperament or bowels, or if I know that there would be a chance of poisoning ( Xylitol). But now that Lucas is almost 80 pounds it is easier to think that this too shall pass (through the bowel system) lol. He continues to eat everything in sight, I hope that will dissipate with age, he has finally stopped biting us. We shall see. Good luck, my gut tells me she will be fine.
I'm guessing since you were going to bake with the butter it was unsalted. Other then some very slippery bowel movements in his future she should be fine. If it had salt in it she might be more thirsty then normal or get an upset tummy but still should be fine.
I had a cockapoo and caught my daughter and the dog sharing one of those bricks of challenge butter, both were fine. Funny poops for a while with all that oil base but no ill effects. My two girls now have an obsessive fascination for Kleenex?

It all depends..... How are her cholesterol levels? Lol!

She should be fine. Our doodles grab everything that is unattended also. They treated themselves to 3lbs. of raw ground chuck one day. Outside, they have a fascination with pieces of brick and mortar. There is probably enough construction material in Mya to build a house! She is starting to grow up now, however. Her latest fascination and item to steal is Micki's bra. We think she wants to know if they come in a 10 cup version..... ;-)

My Mojo also ate a stick of butter I had sitting out on the counter to soften for baking when he was younger, he had some loose stools for a day but was fine. He is 17 months now and when I go out I create him because even though he has gotten better about counter surfing I wouldn't take a chance on him getting into things that could hurt him.

Griffin is 6 months old, 43 lbs, and will eat whatever he can find on the table or counters - and he's QUICK!. Soooo frustrating!  And like someone else's doodle, Griff loves the tissue box, pulling a few out and chewing on them.  With all the stuff he's eaten, no probs ever though.

My daughter (almost 11) looked up foods that are bad for dogs and they were: chocolate, raisins, grapes, onions, garlic, and  vitamins with iron.  I'm sure it isn't the full list but those are the worst I think.

Oh the dreaded butter...usually in our household it is not the dogs we have to be worried about it's our CATS.  I am sure she will be just fine...maybe just an upset tummy...silly animals...gotta love them though!

Thanks for all the help guys!

She had no problems - not even interesting poop! I was expecting so much worse.

I guess she can handle the butter... 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service