DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Tomorrow Clara is getting spayed. This is my first female dog and I'm a little nervous. Can you tell me what to expect and any potential complications? Or am I worrying for nothing? Thanks

Views: 213

Replies to This Discussion

Clara is six and a half months old. I found some articles on DK I've been reading just thought someone might have recent ecperience.

You wouldn't be human if you didn't worry! After all, she is your furkid! I've been through it a number of times with my dogs, over the years, and I'm always a nervous wreck! We have never had any type of complications occur, although, I am sure anything is possible.
Chances are she will still be a little " loopy" when you bring her home. They will ask you to keep her quiet and calm for the next few days. Yeah, right! Sometimes I wonder if they know puppies, at all! ;). They may or may not suggest a cone .yes, the cone of shame! It will just depend how she is with her stitches. If she starts itching and digging on them, they will cone her. Take a deep breathe and get a good nights sleep. And keep us posted. Positive thoughts and vibes for Miss Clara tomorrow!
Just had our little six month aussiedoodle spayed, I was a wreck and I hurt for her. First day was bad, not in pain, just discomfort like why does my belly feel funny, and to be honest, the cone, while I understand the need, it only makes things worse because they hate and are humiliated by it. We even bought madiba a blow up neck tune, which is better than a cone and she despises it. She would not lay down the first night, we were up all night. Flash forward 5 days and we pretty much keep,the tube off when we are with her, she is back to herself but we try and control her activity level. She is a complete diva and she is in no pain nor discomfort but she itches and want to lick her stitches. I know the healing process is officially 2 weeks and you have to be careful and all but she was whacked out for about 3 days and she's pretty much 100% Monday 5. Just get through those first days, she will be back to,herself in no time, don't worry.
Yeah, those plastic cones Vets sell are the worse. Not only big and gangily, but make so much noise and scare the poor pups to death. I have a padded one, that while it is not perfect, is better than the plastic things.

Thank you both I feel better

Vilolet did great with that surgury and the cone !! I was surprised ....she will be mellow at first ..but dont let that fool you  :)

I hope all goes well !!!

Clara did fine with her surgery. No cone. She's gotten sick a couple times but I was told to expect that the first night. She's been sleeping like a baby. Will be interesting to see how day 2 goes.

Great news! Wishing a quick and painless recovery!

I too am in the same boat at you. Hadley will be 6 months on Saturday and will be getting spayed on Friday. My husband and I will both be available all weekend, and I am a stay at home mom anyway, so I will be around. I am so nervous.

I paid a little more to have the surgery done by laser. If you have that option, it is worth the money as there are no stitches. Keeping Clara calm for 5 days was a task and the vet knew it but told me to do the best I could. We did fairly well 4 days and she seemed ok. We didn't have any problems at all. Best of luck.

Yes, it will be a laser surgery. It's what the vet does routinely. So does no stitches mean no cone of shame?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service