DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm crying - already.  Jeez.  I'm so excited to get Rooney tomorrow but it is also making me sad.  Like I'm stealing someone's baby.  I know puppies don't have those types of feelings so why do I feel so bad?

Roony's mom was the best ever first time momma, and she still loves to lick and cuddle him even at 11 wks.  This litter was very special to his breeder - Sesame and Connors first litters for them both - and the puppies, all 5 were all different colors.  Rooney has spent all most 3 wks in training and gosh is he a smart, happy little doodle.  And he'll see his breeder, mom and dad again, down the road at a future Doodle Day - I'll drive him up there for a visit.

I'm just going to be sobbing to take him away.  Did any one else cry when taking their puppy or am I just too emotional? 

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

My sister and I both cried after we took Huff home. We didn't know if we were doing the right thing or if he would be happy living with us. We were going to take him back but by the next day, we were far too in love to take him back. Now he is one happy, healthy doodle!:) WE thought that he would be happier living with his breeder and we wanted him to be happy but he is happy with us. I am so glad we kept him. Trust me, don't bring him back to the breeder. You will regret it. He will be happy:) I think you are crying because you want him to be happy and don't worry because he will be:)
I felt bad too...might have had a tear or 2, but think of all the human love that sweet puppy is going to get from YOU!!!!
I am excited for you, enjoy the day - it is SO special!!!
When we got Casper, we left Halloween night to drive down to VA (from NY) to get him...spent a night in Shenandoah Park, and picked up our little sweet pumpkin...that was 1 year ago this weekend!!!
Enjoy every minute : )
WOW Lori! I can't believe that was a year ago already!!!
The day I brought both puppies home was very emotional for me. It wasn't because I was taking them from their Moms or their breeder (Murphy was actually a rehomed puppy), but for some reason I was just over the top with emotion. I cried every time I looked at those puppies for a FEW DAYS! That's just how I am. You should have seen the state I was in when my grandkids were born....major sobbing. The other people in the waiting room at the hospital thought that something horrible must have happened...they were all afraid to ask.
Jane - that is funny. Maybe there is something to the name of "Jane". I've always been emotional and I wish I were more like my husband, more reserved. I just know how much his breeder loves Rooney and how much we have grown to just love his breeder. So I've already been crying today just thinking about trying not to cry tomorrow. I sent his breeder a note and told her that I thought it would be best to keep things short and sweet. Show us what we need to know for the training and then we'll hit the road or I'll be sobbing loudly - lol.
Haha:) I hope Rooney doesn't mind leaving too much. Huff cried a little bit when we got him home but not much:)
You are a hoot!!!! You WORRIED the other people up there???? Too funny. BTW, I went and got a 30 ft. training cord. I had a 20 ft. one but this is better. Worked like a charm today. I also was very worried about Sheila not eating. So I too have joined the dark side and give her home made liver in each meal of dry puppy Innova w/ cheese on top AND warm water to make it like a stew. She slurps it all up. She was really scaring me, very skeletal. She is now up to 9 lbs.7--up 6 oz. in three weeks.
I think keeping her on that long lead is your answer until she "gets" that game is just not going to work with Mom. Glad you're on the "dark side"! It makes the world of difference with some of our dogs. Boy, she is tiny, but absolutely the cutest little Doodle girl.
yep, I sure did... I still feel guilty sometimes for taking him from his brother and sisters, who he loved so much. but then I just give him extra hugs and kisses and play time. I just walked by my bedroom and saw him having a nice nap on my bed, head on my pillow. I don't think he's feeling bad about being here :) hang in there, pretty soon, he'll only see you as his mama!
I still feel bad about taking our puppy, so we both tend to spend extra time with him, spoiling him rotten. I just feel bad that our kids are grown and gone and since we're "empty nesters", that there's no children here for him to play and run with. A little guilt ridden, I guess. But then, he has the best of our world, lots of attention, trips, sleeping on our laps, fenced in yard and his own "doggie door", lots of walks, chasing squirrels, so he has a pretty good life. We couldn't ask for a better pup.
The only thing I felt sad about was that we left a third little girl there ..... we wanted her also, but 2 was insanity enough! I guess I felt that Lucy and Sophie had each other, and I wasn't sad for Momma because she had 11 puppies and it looked like she might be ready for some rest!
I know just what you mean. I cried when we left the breeder recently, when I saw Melody playing with the other puppies so happily. Rooney would be going to someone else if you didn't take him. You are going to provide an amazing home for him. You can visit them down the road, yes! Rooney will also meet new friends,as you continue with training,etc. Rooney's mom did a great job, and you can continue with her legacy...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service