DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When we went to pick up Rosie from the breeder we had decided to not buy any type of car carrier, since she will just be growing way to fast. So I ended up taking a box and cutting holes in it to slide the seatbelt through and putting blankets down. It works good if I sit with her, though she does chew on the cardboard (and anything else in sight). 

I think she will out grow the box soon and I wondered what other people do. Do you let them sit on a the seat, put them in a carrier, sit on your lap or something else? 

I just don't want her tumbling around all the time. 

Views: 298

Replies to This Discussion

We have a padded car harness. The clip on her back clips into your seatbelt strap. We keep her bed with a towel on it for her to lay in, so she can snuggle and relax. One caution is to avoid any type of seatbelt that is hooked to your dog's collar instead of a harness, because if you slam on the breaks you could really hurt your dog's neck. Also, if you live in a place with snow, be careful about placing sharp snow shovels right at the foot of the back row.
Wally has a Ruffwear harness that has a clip on the back. I have a seatbelt clip from vastar that I can adjust the length of depending on how much freedom I want him to have. Both were from Amazon. I'll find the links and insert them!
Vastar Adjustable Pet Dog Cat Car Seat Belt Safety Leads Vehicle Seatbelt Harness, Made from Nylon Fabric https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W40TSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_O3JTxbMGQTVX2

Ruffwear Front Range Harness, Small, Pacific Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LHY0PJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_o4JTxbQ96TWNV
I have a sleepypod sport car harness. I swear by it. It's one of the only ones if not the ONLY one to pass crash tests. It has an awesome warranty and they are super nice to deal with when your figuring out sizes. IF you ever are in an accident they replace it for you.
It's as easy as pie to use. It works with your car seat belts. No extra cords or cables. And the harness itself is padded. It can double as a walking harness so no need to take it off on long car rides.

We also have a Sleepypod harness.  I second this recommendation.  It is awesome. 

Here is a picture of it... We waited until she was about 6 months to buy it (we were going on vacation).

I definitely recommend a harness! We let yeti sit in our lap when he was young enough and now he is 5 months old and still wanting to be in our laps. We just bought this one yesterday. (It's kurgo brand). So far we love it!
Attachments:
The cardboard box will be useless, should you ever get into an accident. We also have a Sleepypod car harness.
We also have a Sleepypod Click it Sport harness. It is the best. One of the only ones that has been safety tested! I would not buy anything else!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service