DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My 7 month ALD hacked up a good size furball this morning, first time he has done this, my previous dog (cocker spanial who licked himself alot ) never had a furball. We brush Mulligan at least once a week he was groomed about a month ago and his fur is about 2-3 inches long. Is this normal? is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Views: 49

Replies to This Discussion

Your puppy is precious!! My Elle-Doodle is 12 months old, (birthday tomorrow)! 

I'm wondering if Mulligan is sneaking mouthfuls of fur when he is being brushed.

Often-times when I trim or brush Elle-Doodle, she is very quick to grab a mouthful of fur & try to take off with it. She usually does this @ the end of a session when I'm trying to get things picked-up & thrown away.  I've learned to keep an eye out for this behavior now that I've caught her in the act several times, but, she can be very sly. She is less likely to sneak away with a mouthful of fur if I always put it right into a bag rather than in a pile as I take it out of the brush.  

She even prefers a mouthful of fur over a final treat -- Maybe it's the *forbidden* that entices her ;-)  

Happy Birthday to Elle-Doodle.....When I brush Mulligan I get very little fur from him and it stays in the brush, but now you have me wondering if this came from when he was groomed as there would of been a ton of fur, that was 6 weeks ago though I wonder how long they stay in his stomach.

Thank you for Elle's birthday wish ;-)

I'm not sure how long a fur-ball would remain - 6 weeks seems like a long time but I don't know.

Couldn't find much online about this, either, seems they are most common in cats.

Hopefully it was just a one-time-thing for Mulligan & that'll be the end of it ;-))

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service