DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Koda is teething like crazy.  Can anyone suggest some healthy and safe chew options?  My daughter asked about chewy sticks, etc.,  Any suggestions are appreciated.  She is looking for a  variety so Koda won't get bored.

Views: 174

Replies to This Discussion

Yes she has a kong which she freezes .  Thanks for the suggestion.

She will chew them that way but they only last maybe 30 minutes.  I used to do it when we left for work as her "going away" treat but I'm not working right now (mat leave) so haven't done it in a while.

When Picco was a pup he used to bat at it and watch it roll in circles! Wish I had a video.

Will the kong with a fozen treat in it be safe for my daughter to leave with Koda while she is away at work? 

In the past I would take all sort of things like wet dog food, pieces of hot dogs, chicken, whatever to make kind of a paste to put in the kong, then freeze so it takes them awhile to get it out.  I think if you put anything in they won't choke on you will be fine.

Apollo is chew crazy!  He doesn't like the Kong, the non edible nyla bones, the knotted rope with the piece of rawhide on it.  He loves the plastic gerber bowls we use for the cat food.  That's about it. Oh and body parts. I just bought home a bully bone - not cheap.  No real interest.

I'm not sure where to go with him - I will check out the antlers and himalayan (?) treats!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service