DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We have a 5 week old Australian Labradoodle (she's still at the breeder) who already weighs 9 pounds. Any guesses on how big she might get? She is one of a two pup litter...

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

How big are the parents?

The mom is 60 pounds and the dad is 70.

Sounds like she will be a big girl.  Our pup was 8 pounds when we brought her home and has gained about one pound a week since.  She's supposed to weight 35-40 when she's done.  Sounds like your dog will weight almost double.  I would guess at least 60 pounds.
our Rosie at 3 months and 1 week was 14 pounds. That would be at 16 weeks. I am guessing your doodle will be over 50 pounds. Our Rosie is 48 but she is on a slightly smaller side. Congrats on your new puppy. Your life will never be the same again. At first I remember my life was about poop and pee and after a few weeks it got easier. We loved the puppy socials and classes and watching her learn about the world. Congrats! Rosie makes our lifes better everyday.

Wow! her parents are big for ALDs! Her picture is just precious! My vet said a rule of thumb to guestimate a dog's adult weight is take their weight at 4 months, double it and add 5 lbs. This should give you a good idea of her mature size.

My standard ALD weighed 23 lbs when I got him at 16 weeks. He is now almost 2 yrs old and weighs 52.1 lbs and is 23 inches tall at the shoulder.

You are going to totally fall in love with this "breed." They are just wonderful, as well as adorable. :-)

We are over the moon and can't wait until she gets here! Thanks everyone for your input, you have all been so helpful.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service