DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello! 

Meet Nora.  She is a 12 week F2 Goldendoodle born in Killeen, TX.  I have had her for about a month now, but am new to Doodlekisses so wanted to make an introduction :).  Both of her parents were about 50 lbs, and at her check up on Monday she was about 13 lbs.  Vet seems to think she'll be a bit smaller than 50 lbs!  We'll see how she grows :)  She is feisty, energetic, and LOVES other dogs.  I do sometimes worry that she's a little bit aggressive, big dogs seem to get scared of her, but i'm thinking that might just be a puppy thing.

Question - are there any good chews for pups this young?  I have heard mixed reviews on bully sticks.  she has Nylabones and rope toys, but didn't know if she could have something edible?

Thank you!

Whitney

Views: 238

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Try Deer Anters! 

Murphy Loves Those! 

She is a doll!  Congrats!   My dog destroyed rope toys and pulled the strings out and got sick from them so i went strictly with hard plastic nylabone toys with nubbys on them and elk antlers.  She's had the same large elk antler for at least 7 months now and probably chews it every single day.  Welcome to doodlekisses :)

She is adorable! 

Where is the best place to buy the elk antlers?

Hi there!  I've bought Truffle's antlers on www.chewy.com - they have a decent selection of deer, elk and moose antlers at different sizes and prices.  I've found their prices to be very reasonable - especially compared to retail shops.  I'm sure other DK folks will be able to recommend other Web sites that sell them as well.

Nora is super cute! Congratulations to you.

We're getting Baxter on April 14 and it sounds like elk/deer antlers are a good, long lasting chew toy. Will have to get him one.

I've had good luck with the virbac dental chews, my vet recommended them and the boys love them. When they get crazy I give them each one and it's like a pacifier! lol. Nora is beautiful!!!

Nora is darling. We stuck to puppy kongs (my guys didn't like them, but many do), nylabones, Everlasting dog chew (with and without the treat), stuffed toys when our dogs were pups.  We have this: http://www.amazon.com/Treat-Dispensing-Chew-Ball-Large/dp/B0009YD8N...

But this looks very cool: http://www.amazon.com/Starmark-Treat-Dispensing-Pickle-Pocket/dp/B0...

Elk antler splits! Ragley LOVES her antlers!

Wow Nora is just adorable! She is like a cream puff of cuteness.
My puppy Omar is the exact same age and he loves bully sticks. He gets one every few days and he has never gotten sick from them. Antlers are great but Omar doesn't love them so much. He is currently obsessed with kong toys stuffed with his kibble and then topped off with a teaspoon of all natural peanut butter or mushed banana. He has the classic kong as well as one shaped like a truck tire that he loves to play with after he eats all the kibble out of it. Another healthy option that Omar loves are my homemade sweet potato chews, only one per day because they are high in fibre. Here's a recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-potato-chews-for-dogs-248608

She's SO cute! Congrats :) Roo has Kong Cozies, the moose and aligator, he really loves those.

Welcome Nora!! She is absolutely beautiful! I just want to squeeze her :)

Nora Jean is absolutely beautiful! Love her teddy bear look! My guy is 6 months and I FINALLY gave him an Antker (split). He loves it and I wish I had done it a long time ago! He also loves his Kong when it's filled with kibble. Have fun with little girl!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service