DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I took Miss Lucy out to potty in the back yard today. I was right there with her. I never let her go out alone bc I am afraid she might get into trouble. She's only 6 months and the temptation to dig is strong still :)

I let her out and the stinker RUNS as fast as she can to a mushroom and eats it! I got the steam out of her mouth but I knew she swallowed the cap of it. It was not there this AM. We have had a lot of humidity. I went right inside and called the vet just to make sure it was okay. I really called thinking they would say it was no big deal at all. They told me to get her in as quickly as I could so they could induce vomitting. 

Our vet is about 25 minutues away with no traffic. Of course it was 4:30 and traiffic was bad. I had 2 small children in tow too. We got there in less then 40 minutes or so. They took her right back and gave her the meds. The vet let me know that mushrooms can cause liver failure. I had no clue! They wanted to keep her overnight. 

The vet called me when I was on my way home and said that Lucy had already thrown up once and they saw big chunks of mushroom. That is a good thing. He was pretty sure she would be okay since I got her there so quickly.WHEW!!!! 

I feel so bad she has to stay the night. She's never been away from me :( I am just so thankful she is okay. I just wanted to put this warning bc I really never thought about a mushroom hurting a puppy. 

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so happy to hear she's home again and resting comfortably! Toby sends lots of doodle-y hugs and kisses!

Welcome Home Lucy!!! I agree next time if you are instructed, I would induce vomiting myself, I believe it is 10 MLs of hydrogen peroxide per 10 pounds but don't hold me to it.

Good grief how is anyone supposed to know how to keep our doods safe.. Geeze.

Oh no!!!  That stinks, I hope she is feeling OK today. 

Thanks for the mushroom heads up!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service