DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi,  

So I'v lived with my pup for 2 months now and he's been perfect.  He has lost and grown out most of his puppy teeth and he hasn't chewed anything of mine. He just hoards everything and puts it on his bed.  He leaves my shoes alone and just seems to know what is a toy and what is mine.

He has been sleeping out of his crate for the past month with no problems with 0 accidents.  He's completely potty trained and even gets his leash when he wants to go outside and rings the bell. (video on my page)

He is super well socialized , doesn't jump up on people or even try to bite my hands or ankles and is super obedient..

The problem?  It's eerie and weird. I'm expecting him to go throughout his rebellion stage, he's been so good that I feel like this is the calm before the storm.  

My Dad's doodle ate thousands of dollars worth of stuff and I'v talked to other puppy owners who lament on how their puppies are a menace and wondering if mine will go throughout this as well?

Has anyone else experienced the perfect puppy , does it pretty much stay this way it is or is this the calm before the storm?

It just seems too easy , and i'm def. not used to easy so i'm suspicious.... 

I'v never had a big dog before , 

Thanks in advance for reading,

Background:

5 month old puppy

not neutered(yet)/ male 

Views: 497

Replies to This Discussion

I would agree! Enz is not a barker, unless there is someone at the door and garbage men who insist on stealing her " stuff". ;) We have floor to ceiling windows and many French doors throughout the house. She has full view of the street and does not bark if someone passes. It's def. an individual dog thing.

I have two examples that might help ,  our two year  doodle  was stubborn , nipped and very hyper and what  a handful she was until we got her into puppy classes twice and did a lot of work with her . Now our second doodle  just turned 12 months is an angle , she's calm . never nipped and you say no and she stops what she is doing ,  So enjoy  . I have just started letting my two alone in the house for an hr at a time  any longer they go into their kennel so I know they won't get into things that can harm them.

Before we got Yogi I was prepared for a rough first year. Just figured I would work hard and invest my time in my future good dog. I was wrong though, he has been better than I could ever had imagined. Now he's 9 months old, still very well behaved. Maybe we all just got lucky!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service