DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, we have a 9 week old golden doodle "Nash" . We are very consistent about taking him out and rewarding him when he goes outside. He has never had an accident in his crate since we brought him home. However, he has had a few accidents when he has been out of his crate. The thing is ... He gives us no indication at all when he has to go. We just grab him up pretty much any time he isn't either playing or sleeping and take him out. Otherwise we take him out every hour. I spend my entire day following him around watching for some indicator that he needs to go out.....there is not one! We are in the second week of him being in our home. Should he be going to the door .. Or in our case the top the steps yet? Or barking or something? He seems to have picked up other things quickly .. But this going out stuff.. I just don't know. We have never had an inside dog so I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Thank you for any insight!

Views: 351

Replies to This Discussion

No, at nine weeks, it is doubtful he is going to let you know he needs to out. He doesn't know himself, until the urge hits him and he goes. Think 2 yr old in diapers.
You've been given great advice. We also trained with potty bells and still use them to this day. Patience and consistency are key!
Thank you all so much for the advice and reassurance.. We have been writing everything down and are following a schedule we found as well. I do feel better knowing that I most likely shouldn't already be expecting Nash to be giving me signals. I'm so glad I found this site ... I have found so much helpful information! I love reading everyone's questions and replies!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service