DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm curious what everyone does to play with their puppies.  We just brought Freddie home last weekend and she's a bundle of energy and cuteness, but it seems that as she settles in, the more we play with her the more she gets all wound up and just starts nipping and biting constantly. We try to encourage her to play with toys but then it just becomes an all out tug of war, or she prefers to bite our hands rather than the toy.  She's likes to chase things we throw which is good, but then comes back and wants to wrestle and bite, nip at pants, shirts, arms, etc.  I know she's having fun and just wants to play but I don't want her to develop bad behaviors and start biting clothes and hands all the time.  What do healthy puppy/human interactions look like?  How do you play without triggering the puppy shark?  How do you exercise your pups without triggering the shark?

The photo was taken when she was being 'good'!  

Views: 256

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I have an almost 14 week old and I was worried about the same things too! They’ll grow out of it the best thing I can tell you is to tell them no firmly and keep redirecting him to the toys. Ours love the squeeker toys, to play fetch, and his long. When he’s too hyper and he’s been out awhile with us I put him in his crate for a nap. He’s gotten so much better now and will go after the toddler occasionally and I just tell him no and he immediately stops 

It's something she'll have to grow out of unfortunately. My puppy was the EXACT same way and their little teeth are so sharp. Whenever the unwanted behavior happens, always follow up with a firm no and continue giving her a toy she's allowed to chew on. The key is consistency. One day I realized that my puppy just stopped with the nipping and bitting cloths. Good luck!!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service