DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I know that I'll get a good solution here...with the summer in full effect, and the garbage being picked up once a week, you all can imagine the stench coming out of the garbage can. All the poop is picked up in bags and knotted shut...but the stink is out of control.

What have you guys done to alleviate this issue?

I'll take whatever ideas you guys might have.

Views: 371

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

We bought a diaper genie... Seriously. 

I am SOOOO glad you brought this up! We are having the same issue. Except we only get garbage every other week! Yikes!!!

We are scooping into poop bags but nothing helps. The scent is driving us nuts!! I've thought about kitty bins that bag and seal the poop similar to a diaper genie but I don't know how they would hold up being kept outside. The thought of bringing the dog poop INTO the house is revolting. Although on the hot days I have thought about it just to flush it and begone with it!

There is only so much you can carry to the roadside bus stop city bins without being noticed.

We keep an large empty flower pot right outside the garage. The Poop Pot. But we get trash pick up twice a week so it's not too bad. But at least it keeps the poop out of the garage.

We're having the same issue...look forward to suggestions!

We recycle the orijen dog food bag and have it in a corner of the yard, all poop is added after it's been scooped every day. I think by letting it dry out it doesn't stink as much? We have two dogs and we change the bags monthly if this helps at all??
I pick it up and flush it and ditch the bags!

We have a plastic bucket with a lid that is very tight.  We put a plastic bag in it for a liner.  We pick up the poop with poop bags, tie the bags and then put them in the plastic bag in the bucket.  On garbage pickup day we just take the plastic bag out of the bucket, tie it and put it in the trash.  We keep the bucket outside up against a side of the house.

Hope that helps.

Okay! I'm just a little freaked out here! Are you honestly saying...admitting....that you take your dog's poop and put it in someone else's trash container!? I really must be reading this wrong or you are all just being silly and kidding around! I find it hard to believe that wonderful Doodle owners would do that! How's about putting some baking soda in the bottom of a poo bag, gather up the poop, tie it tight and then put in another larger bag with more baking soda. Put the larger bag in a container until the end of the day then it goes into YOUR trash can. Baking soda is great for helping absorb order! Very cheap, even more so if you get the large bag from Costco. We sprinkle it all over the ground in the dog run. We have two large Goldendoodles and so know all about a lot of poop!

We've put stick-ups in the lid of our garbage can to help control the smell. It does help a bit, but things definitely do get more "ripe" in the summer.  We like to take our evening walk to the park since they have a garbage can there specifically for the poo bags.

We have a small metal garbage can with a tightly fitted lid.  I put baking soda in the bottom and a garbage bag inside.  We keep this outside, pick up poop daily and put the garbage bag in the trash can when we put the trash out each week.  Yes, it smells when you lift the lid, but it doesn't smell otherwise.

We keep a small coveted trash can, in a "out of scent" area and place all knotted bags in it. It gets dumped once a week when the trash man comes.

"coveted" ???  By whom? :) :) :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service