DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Marley has been sick since last Friday. A little bit of vomiting on random days, occassional diarrhea, and sleeping ALOT. However, in the backyard she is more than happy to catch a ball or frisbee or chase, Lilly (Westie). I have been in contact with the vet daily giving updates and last night he decided she had colitis and would begin taking Metronidazole (sp). However, this morning, she vomited up a cotton crew sock of hubbys, and 2 hours later 3 (yes, 3) low cut sport socks of our sons! Vet now feels that her stomach is totally torn up, and she should eat a tablespoon or 2 of rice and chicken every couple of hours. If she can't keep it down, we are going for xrays and possible surgry in the morning :( Any ideas or experience would be helpful, as well as prayers and positive thoughts!!!

UPDATE: Marley is home for the holidays and we couldn't be happier :) No surgery was needed! While she was spa-ing at the vet... we searched high and low for socks, and other things she might find appetizing, moved hampers and realized how much Marley makes our house...our home!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS, POSITIVE THOUGHTS, WELL WISHES AND ADVICE :)

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

Socks, socks, socks...ugh Poor Marley...hopefully he will learn after this but sadly so...I doubt it:(  They all do this. Some have worse times than others!! We should all just throw all the socks away if it wasn't so darn cold:)

Keep us posted and a prayer is coming your way.

I love your idea...no socks! We are in Texas and I never wear socks. I don't understand why my kids and hubby can't live in flipflops?!? LOL :)

I'm in Texas too!!  Maybe we should ban socks...somehow I think we may need them this weekend - lol!!

Definitely! You just gave me a brilliant idea :) I think I will put numbers on socks and if I am missing one...I know to be on the lookout!

How in the world did she get them down???  Amazing what these guys can swallow.  My pup likes to nibble on snails that he finds outside.  He cracks them with his front teeth and then walks around with them on his teeth.  I think he likes the sound, but haven't noticed yet that he swallows them.  I hope he (Marley) doesn't need surgery, but it makes you wonder what else is in that stomach.

Lynda, she just turns on a switch and it's like a vacuum! I pulled 8 feet of yarn from her mouth/throat after I caught her with a skein of yarn. She released the skein when I told her to give... then i just kept pulling. I actually went and got the tape measure because it just sounds like a 'fish story' when you retell it :) 

My husband and I have watched our doodle inhale them like a hoover, as we are running towards him to retrieve it.
This is a visual that just made me smile for the first time in days!!! Thanks, Helen :)
I just logged on and saw your post. I hope that Marley will start feeling better very quickly. My Willow chews on anything too...I took my grand daughters glove out of her mouth before it went down....they sure do keep us on our toes.
Thanks Carol! Willow was one of the names I wanted to name Marley. She wouldn't even look my way when I called her! I tried giving her treats, lots of hugs and kisses... but no...she only put on a show and did what she was told/asked when you put Marley in the command! I guess she picked her name and now, according to my friends, she is living up to the reputation of Marley and Me!
Sorry to hear that! Hoping for the best!
I hope Marley is better soon.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service