DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Lloyd started out as a cream fluff ball and now he's developed a prominent creamy brown racing stripe (which I love) down his back. It's wavy, coarse, and doesn't shed, and it seems like the stripe is spreading. He started shedding his white puppy fur at 8 weeks and it continues to gather in corners of my house. Is it safe to assume that the racing stripe is his adult coat or is it too early to know since he's not quite 5 months old?

Views: 760

Replies to This Discussion

This is the beginning of his coat change.  It is pretty normal for that stripe down the back to be the first change.  All those white whispies are going to go away and it looks like he will be a little darker ... looks like he will be beautiful though.  Gotta love those crazy puppy coats.  My Mom kept saying when is something going to happen to that hair when AnnaBelle was going through this because she was wild looking.

Cute pose :-)
Yogi started with a dark spot by his tail, it spread up to his neck and down the sides. It did become his eventual coat.
Lloyd is so cute! Love this photo! Yes, it starts down the back with coarser hair. He's just as cute as can be!

Thanks everyone! I'm excited that this will be his adult coat. I love the creamy brown color. I'm ready to let go of the shedding puppy fur that flies into your mouth!

Penny's hair is turning darker in almost the exact same area! Penny is almost 6 months old but that darker hair was not there at 3 months. She was cream with gold ears. Now she's still cream and still has the gold ears, but there's a tannish gold color coming in on her back and it's more prominent (sp?) back by her tail, just like the above photo. And this "new" color is spreading. Go figure!
Hi, Penny has a "racing stripe" too (see attached photo...can't imbed it 'cause I'm on an iPad). I guess (as some of you have commented) that her coat is changing. I was hoping she'd stay cream with just the gold ears but I guess that's not going to happen. We just got Penny's hair cut today so the stripe is even more evident than it was before. So she's going to turn all gold, do you think? Thanks.
Attachments:
Both of my doodles have the darker, coarser hair down their back. It pretty much stayed where it was, with the rest of the coat being lighter. I don't think she will turn all gold. This seems common.
He is adorable!!!!!

Lloyd started to shed much worse at around 10 months. He will turn 1 next month. The racing stripe spread and  grew longer and is now shedding. Still it's nothing like the shedding of my previous pugs. He was probably about 8 months when his puppy coat was done. I'm thinking his coat is still changing though? 

Lloyd at almost a year and a half. He had hist first haircut back in April and it's all grown back (and then some). He's still quite wavy with low/moderate shedding. Although he's always up for playtime if you are, he loves his long afternoon naps and still finds the energy to sleep all night :) Very sweet and smart and gets along with everyone!

Handsome boy! It's so fun to see pictures of them after the've grown up. Does he still have his racing stripe?

The stripe spread all through his back and much more evenly distributed now ;)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service