DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is is my 9 week old standard F1 English Goldendoodle, Wrigley. The top picture is yesterday, bottom picture on the rug is last week. His mom is a red poodle and dad an English cream retriever. Wrigley’s coat is very straight and fluffy- I know it can change multiple times, but I’m curious what it may look like as an adult. I think the scruff on his face indicates he won’t be a flat coated doodle, correct? Also, do English doodles typically lose color as they grow? The fur closest to his skin is very white but I can’t tell if that will just be feathering or if he will lose his color.

Finally, has anyone had a standard doodle be smaller than the “usual” and catch up to full size? Dad was 67 lbs, mom 60 and the litter had 12 pups. At 8 weeks, he was only 5.12 lbs (right in the middle of all 12 pups) but gained 2.5 lbs this week. The breeder said when they have large litters, they generally start out small but catch up- I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this. Thanks! 

Views: 422

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going to predict yes he will lighten up as you can already see some cream, and most Reds fade anyway.  I think he will be very doodly, but not necessarily curly.  Thick and wavey I think.  Or maybe a little of each.  His coat looks a lot like my AnnaBelle in the bottom photo, but he seems to have changed a lot in the last week which isn't unusual.  He is adorable and we will enjoy watching him grow up.  Weight is a crap shoot.  Breeders try and predict, but they are often wrong.  Best guess will be 16 week weight x 2 and add up to about 10 lbs.  This will be a ball park.   

Her coat looks just like his! Thanks for sharing!!

I think he is going to be incredible! He appears to be doodling out already. Adorable!

I think he is going to look perfect. My guess would be wavy, and yes to facial furnishings.  He does seem small right now but he has room to grow now!  Doubling his weight plus or minus about 5 pounds when he is 16 weeks old is a good adult size predictor.  Most doodles lighten in color. 

I’ll update when he gets closer to 16 weeks.. so curious!

Looking forward to updates.

Quick update: Wrigley weighed in at 10.1 pounds today. He just completed a week of panacur for giardia. Vet said today he’s thinner than she’d like so we’re working on increasing appetite and looking at changing foods!

Cutie :) His coat looks so soft.

He’s adorable! My Teddy had a very similar coat as a tiny puppy. At 4-6 months he got even funnier looking since his straight hair got long. After grooming him the first time, it made quite the difference and now at 9 mo. he looks a lot more doodley with a wavy-ish coat.

My pups were losing weight on Taste of the Wild so I switched them over to the Farmina Pumpkin Lamb line and they have not had any issues with weight since I switched their food. They also had better coat quality that made it much easier to be able to brush them because there were fewer tangles in their fur. Online you can buy on their website but I found that if you can find an independent shop nearby they sell the food at a much cheaper cost. The cost online was $75ish dollars for the 26 pound bag, but at my local store I can buy it for around $50 for the 26 pound bag. One 26 pound bag lasts around 2 weeks for my household, but I am also feeding 4 dogs (2 golden doodle pups and 2 adult chihuahua mixes). So for one golden doodle it should last around a month or so.

Here is Wrigley at 14 weeks for anyone who may be following along to see what their pup will look like!

He is beautiful!  Very huggable!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service