DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our MGD, Zoe, just turned 6 mos. She is about 20 1/2 lbs. She has been getting 3/4 cup of Fromm puppy gold twice a day with a tsp of plain yogurt. She always would eat immediately, but the past few days she has ignored her food. I took it up after 1/2 hour and gave it to her at her next meal. She then eats it. My question is - is she getting enough food? How many calories does she need per day? I don't want her to start getting picky, so I'm sticking with Fromm. I've never had a dog that didn't eat everything in their bowl right away, lol. I don't think it's the heat because she is in the house with the air conditioning except for her morning 1/2 hour walk and going outside to potty.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Views: 271

Replies to This Discussion

She's not getting enough calories. She should be getting almost 2 cups of the food a day, according to Fromm's feeding chart. According to my calculations, she should be getting at least 600 calories per day, which would be a cup and half of the puppy Gold. So if she doesn't eat her morning meal, I'd try adding a bit more food to her evening meal. 

Thanks Karen. I'll try that. Maybe she just likes to eat later in the day.

There are some who are that way. Maybe because the family is usually in the kitchen at dinner time, and they like the company. :)

Yesterday she ate very little all day. I called Fromm and they suggested I contact Chewy for a replacement bag. I decided to order more Fromm, but the grain free and some canned Fromm. (Fromm representative suggested adding a little canned food to her kibble. Yogurt and pumpkin didn't help, and adding water only helped a little. We'll see how that goes. I never had a dog that wouldn't eat, only the opposite. Learning curve here.

btw, we are very pleased with both Fromm and Chewy's customer service. :)

Both great companies. I think that adding a little of the canned food will help whet her appetite. Let us know how it goes. 

It worked! I added a tablespoon of the canned food to the new Fromm grain free and a little water. Love Chewy, they had it here in 1 day!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service